Texas

has anyone tried putting any carnivorous plants around their coups to help with flys? I am looking into some venus fly traps or pitcher plants to see if they would grow around me coup...natural fly control that way...

Selling some Cockerels and pullet Brahmas that are gold partridge from a well known hatchery. The 5 that I am selling all have vulture hocks which is an automatic disqualification for Brahma Chickens. (Vulture Hocks are extra feathers on the leg that protrude out the back.) The roosters are docile as are the hens and were born March 1st. They are vaccinated for Maerks disease. I am asking $20 each. They should not be bred for sale or show because of the hocks but would make great backyard eye candy and the girls should be good layers. PM me if interested. We are in Tyler, TX and I cannot ship.

Oh WOW !! I got to spend part of my day with Zootopia. She is awesome and you should all be jealous. I bombarded her with questions and wanted to see everything and she didn't even run me off. She didn't even seem to notice I swiped that pretty blue egg!! I traded some roos for some keets and somehow ended up with more keets than we agreed upon. Thank you so much Dawn for a wonderful chicken trip!!!

You are welcome.
smile.png

has anyone tried putting any carnivorous plants around their coups to help with flys? I am looking into some venus fly traps or pitcher plants to see if they would grow around me coup...natural fly control that way...
Carnivorous plants can be grown in a bog, but its a lot of work with the Texas heat and then whatever survives the summer will freeze and have to be brought in. A lot of work, but breaking the rules in the garden can be lots of fun.

A wee baby mousey!

This little thing could sleep on a quarter. It walked right up to my feet, sniffed my shoes and wandered around me a bit then went to sleep under the edge of the chair. Lol if i had an aqaurium or something i woulda considered a farm oet, lol. Luckily we dont

A wee baby mousey!

This little thing could sleep on a quarter. It walked right up to my feet, sniffed my shoes and wandered around me a bit then went to sleep under the edge of the chair. Lol if i had an aqaurium or something i woulda considered a farm oet, lol. Luckily we dont
Cute! Around here though, the cats think those tiny ones are appetizers. I usually don't even know there is one in the house until I find a cat with mouse legs and tail hanging out of its mouth being chased by the rest of the cats who want in on the snack.

Back
Top Bottom