Texas

I am sorry to hear about your wife's surgery.  I hope she has a quick recovery.  I can sympathize with you.  My poor husband has had to take care of me, the animals, and the house when I've gone through surgeries. 

(I am sure that I and the other ladies would be glad to give you some tips to help you with the household chores and cooking, if you are interested)  ;)

Lisa :)

Thanks Lisa, my kids would get a kick out of hearing that, considering they all blame their "OCD" on me....not sure why they pick that up, and none ever learned to cook!

Hey guys how's it going I haven't been on in a while I have been getting ready to go back to school.have been wanting to complete my culinary degree. Oh guess what? I found the chicken killing culprit a darn gray fox and the bad part it wasn't even that scared of me I was doing my best to run it off but it really wants my birds. And worst yet when I went to grab the live trap by the barn I came face to face with a diamond back, that's the second time this summer what the heck is going on out here. The 20gauge took care of the snake but I need to look up trapping and killing laws concerning foxes.

Hey guys how's it going I haven't been on in a while I have been getting ready to go back to school.have been wanting to complete my culinary degree. Oh guess what? I found the chicken killing culprit a darn gray fox and the bad part it wasn't even that scared of me I was doing my best to run it off but it really wants my birds. And worst yet when I went to grab the live trap by the barn I came face to face with a diamond back, that's the second time this summer what the heck is going on out here. The 20gauge took care of the snake but I need to look up trapping and killing laws concerning foxes.

Foxes...mum is the word

Chucklecluck. Any luck on finding the laws concerning foxes? I am also here in wonderful Bastrop and dealing with a gray fox. we are pretty sure he is partnered up with the local raccoons and leading the insurgency against our chickens.
he.gif
Appreciate any information you find. And Hope you get some rain this week too!

Great thread, honored to be among all you fine Texas Chicken Ranchers.

C

Cockle-Dood, right now we are rebuilding our flock after the great Raccoon insurgency started. We have primarily Americanas and Red Sex Links with a few Auaricanians thrown in. Raising some chicks as well, but don't know the breeds. it is what happens when an 11 year old goes to Callahans with grandpa..... We are running Pekings and Muscovy's and hope to expand our duck population.

How about you?

MM

Chucklecluck. Any luck on finding the laws concerning foxes? I am also here in wonderful Bastrop and dealing with a gray fox. we are pretty sure he is partnered up with the local raccoons and leading the insurgency against our chickens.
he.gif
Appreciate any information you find. And Hope you get some rain this week too!

Great thread, honored to be among all you fine Texas Chicken Ranchers.

C

Howdy and
welcome-byc.gif
from Rosenberg, TX!

Lisa :)

I asked the site to pull the ad due to fraud. It IS fraud for them to sell eggs and show a photo of eggs they can't possibly have! Thank you for alerting me to it. It's one thing to post the photo in an article, but quite another to use it for advertising.

Okay, found another one and I'm trying to laugh this new one off since I can't find an email address for them, but....the photo is also being used on a pagan Wicca site! LORD, you KNOW I didn't post it there!!! I think the most insulting thing is that it's an article on how to naturally dye eggs! I had to cover my girls ears!!

If my day couldn't get any better I walked out this evening to get the eggs and my one and only (non-laying) Marans hen was dead on the floor. She was lame a few weeks ago, but seemed to get over it. ...or not, I guess. She seemed fine last night, in fact I lifted her up to the roost. She was 4 1/2 years old....I was going to eat her this Fall.
hmm.png
Oh Tammy! I am so sorry!
hugs.gif

How to dye eggs naturally.. now that's a good one!
Agree! Totally fraud and totally wrong!

Back
Top Bottom