Texas

Today has been a tough chicken day for me, we lost our EE and my little sweetie wlr bantam cornish. I believe that my EE was egg bound as she was in the nest box. Took my big girl out to have her help with the chickens, she took it hard, we cried together. A good thing happened today however...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/23/ford-hood-shooter-convicted-on-all-counts/

We will never forget the horrors of that day, nor will we live in fear. I pray that this verdict gives some peace to the families that lost so much that day.

Good Morning Texans!

I am happy that some of you got the rain. I am still waiting for it to rain here. I think the last time I mowed was the first part of June. My mower might be happy but I am not. I love to mow!! So I will tempt fate again and hang my clothes out to dry.

Lisa :)

That one works wonders for me.

hugs.gif
I am sorry for your loss. I am curious, did you try to help your eggbound hen? I tried with mine and didn't have any luck. :(

I had just read that article. That is wonderful news! I hope they make him give all his salary back he has been collecting while in prison!

Lisa :)

My very first egg!!!! Ever!!!! I have no idea which chicken gave it to me. It is quite small, only 28 grams, which is an ounce. I think it is from a Polish. One Polish developed a red comb (if you can call it a comb!) and red waddles. She has been fussing and making funny noises for a few days. She is the only Polish with developed comb or waddles. These Polish are pretty small birds--I don't know how big Polish are supposed to be. I have a bunch of Silkies and one bantam mystery chick from McMurray's Hatchery which I think is a bantam Plymouth Rock. What color eggs do they have? I think she is getting ready to start laying, too. She's started making the same funny sounds. What color eggs do Silkies have and at what age do they start laying. This pen is 5 months old. I now consider myself a full-fledged member of the backyard chicken club!

My very first egg!!!! Ever!!!! I have no idea which chicken gave it to me. It is quite small, only 28 grams, which is an ounce. I think it is from a Polish. One Polish developed a red comb (if you can call it a comb!) and red waddles. She has been fussing and making funny noises for a few days. She is the only Polish with developed comb or waddles. These Polish are pretty small birds--I don't know how big Polish are supposed to be. I have a bunch of Silkies and one bantam mystery chick from McMurray's Hatchery which I think is a bantam Plymouth Rock. What color eggs do they have? I think she is getting ready to start laying, too. She's started making the same funny sounds. What color eggs do Silkies have and at what age do they start laying. This pen is 5 months old. I now consider myself a full-fledged member of the backyard chicken club!
how funny!! I took pictures too when I got my first egg from my girls when they were younger but with all the party confetti
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom