Texas

Thanks guys! For all your kind words and thoughts...I really needed some encouragement. I live in a massive subdivision. I think that once the excitement dies down, I will be back in business. I know for sure that my neighbor 3 doors down, loves his chickens and will not want to get rid of them. If I could get my flock down to 7 (I do have 3 that were inherited) it might be better, sound wise. They really do like to announce that they have laid an egg, or cured cancer or whatever the heck they make noise for after they have laid!
But there is only a few members of the HOA and like I said, a massive subdivision. So, I will see what I can do with these for a couple of months and hopefully the house will sell quickly.
The people moving are building a house and it will be ready next month. I just can't believe they can afford 2 houses and so I know they will be anxious to sell. I will keep you updated.

There was a lady on the Texas thread a couple of weeks ago...ganda is her BYC name and she is really close to me. We are meeting on Monday and it will be my first meet up with someone on here. I'm really excited! Lisa and I have been trying to meet but alas we are just really busy women!!
Laurie, you better get the guest room ready cause I am going to come see you!! Next summer would be fabulous!!!!!

I as well live in a subdevision. Im just lucky that the noise doesnt seem to bother our neighbors.

I am so glad it doesn't bother them!! I just really think, after adding up all the factors, that it had to be the realtor, or someone who was looking at the house and happened to hear them.

I've got good news and bad news.

I've been working on teaching my chickens how to roost. I started putting them on the roost at night this past Sunday. Every night I would go out and a few more would be on the roost, but some would still be huddled under the brooder. I went out tonight to check on the chickens. Everyone is up on the roost! I didn't have to put anyone up there tonight. It only took 4 nights of placing them on the roost for all of them to learn to get up there.

Bad news, my Jack-Rat terrier appears to have been snake bit sometime this afternoon. I noticed him earlier standing around with his head cocked. I thought he had a tick in his ear. He gets those from time to time and they are a bugger to get out. Makes his ear really sore. I tried to look in it, but he kept whimpering, so I let him be planning on getting him on the porch tomorrow in the sunlight and checking out his ear. Hard to see a tick in the evening even with a flashlight and reading glasses. I checked him again when I came back from the coop. He usually goes with me, but didn't tonight. That is when I could tell his jaw/lower lip was swollen. I planned on taking him to the vet tomorrow, but just remembered tomorrow is the 4th, so won't be open. He only weights 18 lbs, so don't know how it will turn out.

You can give them benadryl, but I don't have any injectable and there is no way he can take the oral. Keep your fingers crossed for me. He's my little buddy.

Oh no! Prayers!

I've got good news and bad news.

I've been working on teaching my chickens how to roost. I started putting them on the roost at night this past Sunday. Every night I would go out and a few more would be on the roost, but some would still be huddled under the brooder. I went out tonight to check on the chickens. Everyone is up on the roost! I didn't have to put anyone up there tonight. It only took 4 nights of placing them on the roost for all of them to learn to get up there.

Bad news, my Jack-Rat terrier appears to have been snake bit sometime this afternoon. I noticed him earlier standing around with his head cocked. I thought he had a tick in his ear. He gets those from time to time and they are a bugger to get out. Makes his ear really sore. I tried to look in it, but he kept whimpering, so I let him be planning on getting him on the porch tomorrow in the sunlight and checking out his ear. Hard to see a tick in the evening even with a flashlight and reading glasses. I checked him again when I came back from the coop. He usually goes with me, but didn't tonight. That is when I could tell his jaw/lower lip was swollen. I planned on taking him to the vet tomorrow, but just remembered tomorrow is the 4th, so won't be open. He only weights 18 lbs, so don't know how it will turn out.

You can give them benadryl, but I don't have any injectable and there is no way he can take the oral. Keep your fingers crossed for me. He's my little buddy.

Dissolve the Benadryl in water and use a syringe or turkey baster to get it into him.

I am so glad it doesn't bother them!! I just really think, after adding up all the factors, that it had to be the realtor, or someone who was looking at the house and happened to hear them.
If you have to rehome them for a while till the house sells, do it. But also, i would try to change the rules of the HOA. With no rooster the noise can't be that loud, and the people right next door didn't care. Bring some eggs to the new people when they move in and try to win them over. People are fighting all over the country to change laws and rules so they can have their chickens.

Dissolve the Benadryl in water and use a syringe or turkey baster to get it into him.

I'd get the liquid Benadryl for kids and give that to him using a syringe, or a turkey baster. Also, you could give him something for pain. I can't remember if dogs can take Advil or Motrin, but I know you could grind up a baby aspirin and dissolve that in water for him. My vet had prescribed baby aspirin for one of my dogs once.

I'd get the liquid Benadryl for kids and give that to him using a syringe, or a turkey baster. Also, you could give him something for pain. I can't remember if dogs can take Advil or Motrin, but I know you could grind up a baby aspirin and dissolve that in water for him. My vet had prescribed baby aspirin for one of my dogs once.
They did want to give him something for pain. I looked at the name and told them I had some of that already. They said it was the same dose and I could just give him what I already have. Saved me $50.00 for about 8 pills. My whole 30 script only costs me $20.00 or less.

*Update*

Took Jack to the ER vet this morning. They took some blood to check for clotting factor. His was only very slightly elevated, so they said if he got any venom, it probably wasn't much. (I didn't know snakes could bite without injecting venom!) I could take him home and give him meds, or leave him overnight. I took him home. He gets to be a house dog for a couple of days so that I can keep an eye on him for any changes.. Hopefully everything will be ok.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. :)

Back
Top Bottom