Texas

Side note... Ginger this is the new shavings for the coop not your nest box ma'am.

Molt, especially at that age, is the process of growing new feathers. Juvenile feathers usually are replaced with adult feathers before maturity but not always.

Has there recently been an increase of loose feathers in the barn/coop?

Okay, its been a while since I have posted, but I have a problem and I need the expert advise of fellow Texas Chicken-heads. I have 13 hens and usually get 8-11 eggs a day. Well, on Wednesday I only had 3 eggs and yesterday was a single lonely egg. What gives? Are the chickens eating them or is something keeping the hens from laying. I'm thinking maybe its heat related???
Heat? Mine dropped at bit when it got hotter, but I noticed since it's been cooler these past few days, I've gotten 4-5 from my 5 ladies

Side note... Ginger this is the new shavings for the coop not your nest box ma'am.
Mine still won't use their boxes
barnie.gif

The guinea keets are trying to roost. Only 9 days old. How cute.

Clovis- it could be many factors. But if they just started laying they have a lot of hiccups in the beginning.

Goodmorning. I am laid up in a hospital bed. Broken ribs, broken clavical, some hip bones I have never heard of but I can now tell you where they are. Ouch.Motorcycle accident. It's gone. Will not be replaced, but my husband and I are alive.

Goodmorning. I am laid up in a hospital bed. Broken ribs, broken clavical, some hip bones I have never heard of but I can now tell you where they are. Ouch.Motorcycle accident. It's gone. Will not be replaced, but my husband and I are alive.
Oh my, so glad to hear you and your husband are okay. Will pray for a quick recovery.

Last year I accidentally fell out of our boat onto the driveway and broke my right leg (both bones) and crushed the lower knee joint. Was my fault, it was getting dark and I was helping husband put the cover on the boat. I stepped out quickly and missed the place by the wheel where you step. He had pulled his truck beside the boat, so I fell in a 3 ft. wide space and I'm 5' 6". Ended up with 6 staples to the head, a bar, 34 staples and 12 screws in my knee and leg after surgery. Only God knows how I didn't break my neck or back.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom