Texas

Anybody have some at home remedies for strep? I've got Chloraseptic, antibiotics, throat lozenges, and everything else I can think of and I still feel like death.

chicken noodle soup and hot totties...
Actually^ Yep...add some raw honey if you have it
And lots of garlic and herbs in your soup

I also pop vit c like crazy...and do shots of fire cider
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:
Soup made from my own chickens. Honey from my own bees ( that my best friend houses for us ). If only I had home made sauce, I'd be all good.

Seriously though I hadn't even thought about hot totties. Made one last night, took my pm dosages,and actually slept all night. I can talk this morning without sounding like a duck.

Still nasal voice,but I can actually talk.

My poor birds are so neglected right now. They haven't got fresh anything except food and water in days. I think ill attempt coop cleanings tomorrow.

Soup made from my own chickens. Honey from my own bees ( that my best friend houses for us ). If only I had home made sauce, I'd be all good.

Seriously though I hadn't even thought about hot totties. Made one last night, took my pm dosages,and actually slept all night. I can talk this morning without sounding like a duck.

Still nasal voice,but I can actually talk.

My poor birds are so neglected right now. They haven't got fresh anything except food and water in days. I think ill attempt coop cleanings tomorrow.
gonna try my hand at bees thus year gonna try to catch a wild swarm any tips for a newb in beekeeping?

I successfully captured two wild hives and tried half a dz more. The best thing I did was plug the hole in the tree and cut it down with the bees in it then fix a hive to the stump they are in and force them to goto the hive to get some sugar water. After a couple days you can open it and attempt to remove the queen or cut a piece of queen excluder and put it between the log and the hive. Order a replacement queen before you cut the tree and have her on hand the day of or the day after you move them. The wild hives I had were very docile when requeened and very efficient producers. It only take about an average shoebox full of bees to start a hive.
The bees will eat all the honey that is in the original hive as soon as you disturb them they go into feast mode. Try and plug up the tree at night to where all the bees are in the hive.

I successfully captured two wild hives and tried half a dz more. The best thing I did was plug the hole in the tree and cut it down with the bees in it then fix a hive to the stump they are in and force them to goto the hive to get some sugar water. After a couple days you can open it and attempt to remove the queen or cut a piece of queen excluder and put it between the log and the hive. Order a replacement queen before you cut the tree and have her on hand the day of or the day after you move them. The wild hives I had were very docile when requeened and very efficient producers. It only take about an average shoebox full of bees to start a hive.
The bees will eat all the honey that is in the original hive as soon as you disturb them they go into feast mode. Try and plug up the tree at night to where all the bees are in the hive.
got a friend who has some in an old camper shell gonna try and seal it up and move it to my place after dark then after a few days unseal it and catch them if they try to evacuate and if not attempt either a cut out or trap out

Our hive was new. We weren't supposed to get any honey this year. But ours, and the other two, are already producing like MAD. Even through the winter. I need to make a trip out there and see how they are doing. We just get honey, my best friend does all the hard work. Not really sure what all goes in to it. I know that collecting hives is a hard process, but the bees are pretty easy to 'tame'.

Hi, I'm in Cleburne, Tx. Thats about 30 min south of Ft Worth. Loving me some country life lol. I only have 3 game chickens right now, (not the kind I wanted) so it's temp. but I do have an incubator with 42 eggs in it (not the kind I wanted either) haha but it's only for practice since reading BYC forums made me want to try. Hoping to learn a lot here!

Back
Top Bottom