Texas

Kingwood for sure saw the San Jacinto flooding in 90-91 wasn't that Camilla? I just remember driving FM1960, from Conroe to Humble? to get to Kingwood and seeing the river almost up to the bottom of those train tracks in the usual valley that sits there over looking the San Jacinto.

Here is our 2 week weather forecast, the local station doesn't even bother putting up temperatures/numbers any more :wee:lau:

hot.jpg

Last edited:
Kingwood for sure saw the San Jacinto flooding in 90-91 wasn't that Camilla? I just remember driving FM1960, from Conroe to Humble? to get to Kingwood and seeing the river almost up to the bottom of those train tracks in the usual valley that sits there over looking the San Jacinto.

Here is our 2 week weather forecast, the local station doesn't even bother putting up temperatures/numbers any more :wee:lau:

View attachment 1781175

I don’t remember 90/91 - I was only 2-3 years old but I do remember 94 and 98. Even my parents house flooded during Harvey that wasn’t even on a flood plan. The San jacinto is going to take Kingwood back, they’re building too much around them and the concrete is just making the flooding terrible. So glad we got out of there.

My 1st chick hatched today. I was going to try all nat-u'rall (leave broody & chicks in her chosen spot in the coop). My other girls & the rooster didn't seem to pay any attention, other than squawking the egg song extremely loud. BUT after the storms last night, my run has so many puddles that I'm afraid chicks will drown. I'm going to move them to another coop once she ends her hatch.
Today we have No electric & no running water (other than that running through the driveway, the yard, over the dam, & through the woods.....
Still, we were blessed. No hail or wind damage,& no fallen trees.
I am almost looking forward to the drought.
I hope all of you weathered the storms without damage.

I hope she doesn't have kids . in high school.
It will be/is a year now since the school thing happened. :(
Wow I was totally unaware that this was another gun violence related 1 year anneversary event in Texas. What happened to the good old days when I was just growing up a student of Plano, TX when we were known as the teen suicide capitol of the US? Sad how things have taken a turn with psycho people trying to harm others. Please do not read into my comments and attribute deaper meanings to my thoughts.

Chicken news back on.

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/can...victims-on-anniversary-of-shooting/2011003020

My 1st chick hatched today. I was going to try all nat-u'rall (leave broody & chicks in her chosen spot in the coop). My other girls & the rooster didn't seem to pay any attention, other than squawking the egg song extremely loud. BUT after the storms last night, my run has so many puddles that I'm afraid chicks will drown. I'm going to move them to another coop once she ends her hatch.
Today we have No electric & no running water (other than that running through the driveway, the yard, over the dam, & through the woods.....
Still, we were blessed. No hail or wind damage,& no fallen trees.
I am almost looking forward to the drought.
I hope all of you weathered the storms without damage.
Congrats on the hatch.
I hope your power and water is restored quickly.:fl

I was always amazed at how non aggressive Coral snakes were I've probably walked my dogs over 3 of them now when we used to go walking along the Arroyo Colarado Walking/bike path at night, needless to say we stopped walking them at night.

Oh and a coop update:

All walls are now up. I just need to build a door and evict the silkies from the bathroom. It will not rain this week for us so I can do the roof later. I'll just shade cloth in the roof line for now.

The only thing on that snake's mind as I murdered it was to get the hell away from me. Yup, it was brutal and probably unnecessary and I don't know that I would make the same decision again.

Wow I was totally unaware that this was another gun violence related 1 year anneversary event in Texas. What happened to the good old days when I was just growing up a student of Plano, TX when we were known as the teen suicide capitol of the US? Sad how things have taken a turn with psycho people trying to harm others. Please do not read into my comments and attribute deaper meanings to my thoughts.

Chicken news back on.

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/can...victims-on-anniversary-of-shooting/2011003020

Funny how we both grew up in the DFW area and now live down in Tex-Mex central.

The only thing on that snake's mind as I murdered it was to get the hell away from me. Yup, it was brutal and probably unnecessary and I don't know that I would make the same decision again.

Funny how we both grew up in the DFW area and now live down in Tex-Mex central.
Makes 3 of us!

Back
Top Bottom