Texas

IMG_4182.jpg
I have a healthy 4 year old male Black Australian swan that needs a mate. Do you have a mature female available, reasonably priced? Also open to giving up Gunther to a good forever home where he would be with a female. Price negotiable. Won't ship him so must be within driving distance of San Antonio, Texas.

Eww I think I woke up and somehow was trans-located back to Wise county Texas. 37.5F is what the local schools thermometer is showing. I still exercised resiliency and wore flip flops jeans and a t-shirt to open those 3 pens and toss scratch and load up a bird feeder.

Now my hands are all cold and stiff. Oh well still running my mouth so it can't have been all that bad.

Morning Allen,
Did the chicken coop in the front yard get finished? All this frost has killed both sets of bananas that are hanging before they ripened. I was hopeful, but weather has returned.

Coworker brought tamales on Monday. Hot, homemade tamales. Supper all week. He is rotating out in a few months but promised to bring tamales.
Cheers!

Morning Allen,
Did the chicken coop in the front yard get finished? All this frost has killed both sets of bananas that are hanging before they ripened. I was hopeful, but weather has returned.

Coworker brought tamales on Monday. Hot, homemade tamales. Supper all week. He is rotating out in a few months but promised to bring tamales.
Cheers!
Your bananas may just look sad but probably will recover. In Harlingen we had a couple of 25F nights and my neighbor over the fence had very sad looking bananas that pretty much recovered by spring. Don't give up hope yet.

The chicken coop is finished enough. Still needs a good painting and some minor edging touchup on the roofline.

Your bananas may just look sad but probably will recover. In Harlingen we had a couple of 25F nights and my neighbor over the fence had very sad looking bananas that pretty much recovered by spring. Don't give up hope yet.

The chicken coop is finished enough. Still needs a good painting and some minor edging touchup on the roofline.
The banana plants themselves are well protected and will be leafy by spring. The banana bunches, hanging fruit, look terrible. I don't know if the corm will keep feeding and growing them or if the fruit will wither and fall. I was so looking forward to feasting on more home grown bananas.

Anyone have comments on Cherry of the Rio Grande? I want to plant some.

Great news everyone! We may get 1 of our 16 inches of rain/per annum over the next 48 hours! I can give my run sprinkler a rest if I am lucky. :fl:fl it might even be enough rain to get the lawn mower out.

Oh yeah 6/7 silkies hatched in the last 24 hours, 2 died from broody soccer sometime between chicken o'clock and noon. 3/4 broody pullets now live in prison and the last egg has externally pipped.

How long do I need to wait for mama to wean them? I don't want to head to the store and buy chick starter just to have it go bad before they need it.

Ouch for the silkie hatchlings....

Have a question about bananas.
How far north is anyone growing banana trees with any legit success?
I'm gonna start a tray of lemon seeds shortly and wondered.

Part 2 would be when & where would y'all suggest starting my search for a tree/sapling/what other term or stage is correct to use?

Back
Top Bottom