Texas

Hello and welcome to all. Glad to hear that everyone is getting eggs. Work mates are asking me for eggs now. :eek: A little awkward since there are no eggs in the stores around Houston.

BTW the chicks are selling out at the feed store in record time.

Here they are!

Attachments

• 20200326_081647.jpg
    20200326_081647.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 1
  • 20200326_081625.jpg
    20200326_081625.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 1
  • 20200326_081703.jpg
    20200326_081703.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 1
So just got pulled over by the Constables on my way back from Walmart. He said he was pulling over everyone without offering more explanation than that. I just knew I wasn't speeding even though I was in a 30 zone. I pulled over quite promptly thinking he was going to pass me. Oh well these are the times we live in 1984. By the way he wasn't lying cuz he had another car pulled over before I thought it was safe to exit the shoulder. I do hope our Constable stays safe as that job seems like a pretty good vector for transmission of a virus. Touching everybody's driver's licenses and then returning it to them.

At least it's not like the India quarantine where the police are beating people with sticks in the streets that my wife just showed me on her Facebook. The people not wearing masks on their motorcycles were really getting wailed on.

Last edited:
Hello!! I am from Houston, the big City..lol

I am a new mamma of (6) almost 3 week old Black Australorp chicks.

We are doing research on what type of coop we want. And I am still thinking up names for them

Cristal
Some folks think that if you name them you're going to lose them. Everyone that we've lost so far has had a name.with the exception of our small chicks that were picked off by hawks over the winter and our chicken safe dog isn't chick safe we found out. Best wishes with your new adventure and I suggest building a coop based off of our coop plans in the learning center here on this site. Something with a high enough roosting area so you don't hit your head on it would be ideal cuz you're going to have to go in there and muck it out from time to time and or collect eggs.

I'm definitely not an expert in the needs of the australorp breed of chicken and their preferences. Of the two breeds we keep silkies and Sumatra they're worlds apart on their needs in the coop.

Okay I did a quick Wikipedia and I see heavy breed so those roosts shouldn't be too high up because it sounds like it could be prone to foot infections from jumping off the roost in the mornings.

Last edited:
Hello!! I am from Houston, the big City..lol

I am a new mamma of (6) almost 3 week old Black Australorp chicks.

We are doing research on what type of coop we want. And I am still thinking up names for them

Cristal
Build the coop bigger than you think! My little coop homes 19 at the moment.

Australorps are gorgeous. I have 6 black crosses with some of them being Australorp and the others production blacks. Doing well. Will see how the summer treats them. Should be fine with enough water and shade.

Welcome from Eastern Houston!

So just got pulled over by the Constables on my way back from Walmart. He said he was pulling over everyone without offering more explanation than that. I just knew I wasn't speeding even though I was in a 30 zone. I pulled over quite promptly thinking he was going to pass me. Oh well these are the times we live in 1984. By the way he wasn't lying cuz he had another car pulled over before I thought it was safe to exit the shoulder. I do hope our Constable stays safe as that job seems like a pretty good vector for transmission of a virus. Touching everybody's driver's licenses and then returning it to them.

At least it's not like the India quarantine where the police are beating people with sticks in the streets that my wife just showed me on her Facebook. The people not wearing masks on their motorcycles were really getting wailed on.
Ok, you "lead me on"! Why, was he pulling "everyone" over? Checking to see if they did have the virus? Or maybe looking for an illegal virus? :lol:Some peeps let authority go to their heads. SMH

Ok, you "lead me on"! Why, was he pulling "everyone" over? Checking to see if they did have the virus? Or maybe looking for an illegal virus? :lol:Some peeps let authority go to their heads. SMH
I think our county judge for this precinct must have issued an order why else would a constable be pulling people over? Yes I understand it's an unreasonable search and seizure and unconstitutional. Without having any probable cause for pulling someone over.

I think our county judge for this precinct must have issued an order why else would a constable be pulling people over? Yes I understand it's an unreasonable search and seizure and unconstitutional. Without having any probable cause for pulling someone over.
I just wish I knew or he had explained why he pulled me over. Maybe they are just trying to clear bench warrants.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom