Texas

I'm in the same boat. Doesn't matter what I want. When Crazy Lady decides, it is done. I've had the windows open for the better part of the week even though it "isn't healthy". I'm still not convinced on that one.

Checked the forecast. Someone thinks 32°F is a low for tomorrow. Maybe up on the north side of the interstate, but we are always warmer. May lose some bananas if we do get a freeze this year. Hope not. Two more stalks are flowering as I type this. Had bees drinking the nectar. The nectar is real sweet and pleasant tasting too!
Okay, very curious question. Banana nectar taste? Smell? Flavor(s)?

Okay, very curious question. Banana nectar taste? Smell? Flavor(s)?
Don't be surprised.

Very light, sweet, watery and... get ready... banana flavored. Just a hint. The sap tastes of latex and astringent. Not edible but the chickens eat the central stalk when they can get it. Weirdest thing.

I chop the stalk down after it falls and hang the bunch on the back porch. May need to bring them in with this terrible weather. Have 2 bunches (hopefully) ripening.

Don't be surprised.

Very light, sweet, watery and... get ready... banana flavored. Just a hint. The sap tastes of latex and astringent. Not edible but the chickens eat the central stalk when they can get it. Weirdest thing.

I chop the stalk down after it falls and hang the bunch on the back porch. May need to bring them in with this terrible weather. Have 2 bunches (hopefully) ripening.
So yeah... My imagination goes a couple directions on the blurry word(s)....
Screenshot_20201129-134757~2.png

So today I was clicking through the news and weather forecasts looking at how bad its going to freeze in DFW, AUS, SAT, HOU, CC and found an article that had me scratching my head for a bit on kristv.com 's site. Apparently some yokel drove a pickup into a music store to steal just accordions there recently. The prices I saw on display weren't that high and I would think you would go for some of those nice guitars as well. Then it dawned on me we are in southern Texas so Mariachi and Tejano bands. Took me forever to put 2 and 2 together there.

I'm in the same boat. Doesn't matter what I want. When Crazy Lady decides, it is done. I've had the windows open for the better part of the week even though it "isn't healthy". I'm still not convinced on that one.

Checked the forecast. Someone thinks 32°F is a low for tomorrow. Maybe up on the north side of the interstate, but we are always warmer. May lose some bananas if we do get a freeze this year. Hope not. Two more stalks are flowering as I type this. Had bees drinking the nectar. The nectar is real sweet and pleasant tasting too!
Supposedly 34 tonite. We'll see

Back
Top Bottom