Texas

Ok i hate to admit this but one family member of this household is not Texas smart. When it is December and winds are gusting from the north at 20-40mph you close the dern windows. She still said I am wrong.
THAT, is not something anyone in this household miss-understands. As our house is A) on top of hill, b) dining room.windows face straight north, c) the last decade of storms here, and d) my weather-g33kieness .... the kiddos are seriously developing a keen awareness and respect for mother nature.

1/2 inch rain.
At 1:30 it was 63
At 5:30 it was 47 with 21mph wind (gusts to 30) wind chill 40
I got cold feeding the birds
Drizzling all AM and saturated the ground. Come a flood right after lunch. Filled ditches and flooded back patio. Haven't waded out to check the rain gauge, but I'm betting it'll be above the 5" mark. I have a 5" gauge.
Then the wind arrived and temperature is doing a swan dive. 61°F now. 44°F forecast low. It was 73°F this morning.

If you keep the cold, I'll send rain. A whole ditch and back patio worth.

Wife was right and I was wrong. We just started our plunge. We just had some serious gusts coming up against the frontal boundary. 1607904066273.png

Well, we got between ~0.33 & ~0.80 inches total today. Winds started outta the ENE 10-20mph; then shifted thru N 20-30mph (with warning of gusts well above) to a NWN before fading to a soft 5-10mph. Temps didn't get above 40 since last night. At 3:30-ish this afternoon. It was UG-LY.
Temp 37°
Wind chill 28°
Humidity was above 50% when it wasn't sprinkling or raining. It really hurt my fingers.

Tonight's low is forecast ~26° BEFORE wind-chill.

Fun.

Back
Top Bottom