Texas

Unfortunately, no not gonna happen. I feel like These 3 birds would eat 50 lbs in a week.
So, I'm going to try an experiment.... This looks like it gonna take 2-4 weeks for the data to start to show a curve developing.
Silkies as a 5-F & 2-M; main flock is 10-F & 3-M. Then I have the 2 batchelor pads w/2 Roo's in each. 1 set silkies & 1 set regular size.

The feed containers will get emptied and a sharpy line at ~1/2 full with maybe 3(?) of the 32oz cups of the food? Then I'll not on the calendar time stamps for intial and subsequent refills & how much.

Water containers might get the same experiment process the longer I think of this.....

The only problem I see is staying on task when the kiddos help with this chores.....

Hey @Matejka what "office software do you use?"

We have office libre version 5.2.5.1 about to update in a day or so.... I can save as an excel format if that helps but, which version do you prefer?
Here's the rough excel spreadsheet I mocked up for now.
IMG_20210117_004407488~2.jpg
penny for your thoughts? Suggestions? Questions? Cheesy puns? Wanna buy a vowel? Beuller? Beuller? Beuller? (Snorts) "Try an say that aloud with smirking or loosing a stoic face.."

FYI.... The two bachelor pads are not on here yet as I need to figure out their actual sizes.

Hey @Matejka what "office software do you use?"

We have office libre version 5.2.5.1 about to update in a day or so.... I can save as an excel format if that helps but, which version do you prefer?
Here's the rough excel spreadsheet I mocked up for now.
View attachment 2492668
penny for your thoughts? Suggestions? Questions? Cheesy puns? Wanna buy a vowel? Beuller? Beuller? Beuller? (Snorts) "Try an say that aloud with smirking or loosing a stoic face.."

FYI.... The two bachelor pads are not on here yet as I need to figure out their actual sizes.
You forgot a field there. % of feed billed out. :lau

@electryhow are you going to determine correct amount of feed? Weigh birds? These corniish x are eating machines-if there's food their eating-with a vengenance. Born 7/15/20, so 6 months-25 weeks- and over 10 lbs easy.
My rough start is to be able to show "_x_ cups" of food per day for a) Silkies & b) large flock

From there one can start to ballpark a fraction based on number in flock to cups per day.

Maybe if this goes 6 months or so then, maybe.... Just maybe, a per bird estimate might be testable?

Of course the running weight of each bird will also need to be catalogued periodically for the "just maybe" idea to get off the ground.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom