Texas

By the way, I have two more broodies today, and a couple of unhappy roosters, because they want to boogie.
I should have kept my mouth shut, there was an all out brawl in the coop today! Dahlia was pancaked in the favorite box, I went in to install the teenagers roost (she started growling) in comes lily and tries to punk her outta the box, Dahlia freaked out and started attacking (lily lost and left) then Maribel, my light brahma and head hen came in, needless to say Dahlia lost against that heifer and went into the run to torment whomever she could, smdh. I made sure she was on the roost this evening. No one was injured in the production of this episode of how the hens turn

I should have kept my mouth shut, there was an all out brawl in the coop today! Dahlia was pancaked in the favorite box, I went in to install the teenagers roost (she started growling) in comes lily and tries to punk her outta the box, Dahlia freaked out and started attacking (lily lost and left) then Maribel, my light brahma and head hen came in, needless to say Dahlia lost against that heifer and went into the run to torment whomever she could, smdh. I made sure she was on the roost this evening. No one was injured in the production of this episode of how the hens turn
My goodness, what dramatic girls you have! :lau:gig🤣💚

I actually have a theory that the day time dramas are written by chicken keepers...🤣

On a good note, sold 6 chicks yesterday to a lady in town, so I'll get to see them grow up, she took 3 black and 1 blue orp, and the 2 favaucana mixes. Still have 7 left (hint hint 😉😂) As far as evicting the teenagers goes, epic fail, they weren't having it and are fast little ninjas 😂🤣 Sooo 🤷

Last edited:
On a good note, sold 6 chicks yesterday to a lady in town, so I'll get to see them grow up, she took 3 black and 1 blue orp, and the 2 favaucana mixes. Still have 7 left (hint hint 😉😂) As far as evicting the teenagers goes, epic fail, they weren't having it and are fast little ninjas 😂🤣 Sooo 🤷
I love watching them grow up. People who keep in touch
(with photos) are my favorite rehomers. But I still wish I could keep everyone.
I have some little bantam boys that need to move out in about 2 to 3 weeks. We'll see how that goes.
I think one of my large gals may be going broody. She is spending a lot more time on the nest than is normal for her. It would make my husband, and the outdoor cat happy. She frequents the garden and steals catfood.

Back
Top Bottom