Texas

Quote:
Funny how that works, isn't it? According to my nephew rabbits lay eggs, too... He's been checking my bred doe everyday for her eggs to be here so the baby bunnies will hatch.

Skyler needs to quit being so cute!! LOL

Adding myself to the TX thread! I'm in Boerne - about 30 minutes noth of San Antonio.

Got my first chickens this spring and just got a few more chicks that weren't available when the first ones shipped - so my oldest 4 girls are 9 weeks, 2 new little ones (bantam BPR and a white silkie) turned one week yesterday. I have pics on my blog http://hillcountrybackyardhomestead.blogspot.com/

It has been a fun adventure - I built the coop myself and have just started letting the girls out into my yard to "free range" during the days. I did have to fence off my veggie garden though - they were a little too interested in checking it out
smile.png

Last edited:
Hey YA'LL...I'm in Conroe, just northeast of the Woodlands and down the road from Porter. I got 1 week old: 3 Buff Orpingtons, 3 BRocks; 3 EEggers, & 3 Gold Sextons & 1 Roo of 1 of the 3 breads...I think is one of my EE's but only time will tell if there is only 1 or more Roo's. I am so in love with those little fuzzy babies who are feathering out allready...on their wings. I didn't know they did that so early...but I also didn't think they were going to grow so fast...wowzer's it seems like everyday they are bigger and bigger.

Carla, I love the Chicken in your picture...but being a first timer...I am just trying to keep up, regardless how much I read, there is always something new about them to read about. I am in such awe of everyone's knowledge!!!

Quote:
Funny how that works, isn't it? According to my nephew rabbits lay eggs, too... He's been checking my bred doe everyday for her eggs to be here so the baby bunnies will hatch.

Skyler needs to quit being so cute!! LOL

I started a thread on the funny things he's been doing lately. I'll look for a link in a bit. (By the way the roo is crowing and Sky named him Jostin)

I can't remember if I've already posted on this thread, but I'm in a Dallas suburb. I'm two months into chicken ownership. The whole family loves the girls. We have some land near Austin that we hope to retire to and have lots more chickens!

Hi. I'm here in Haslet, with my 3 RIR's and 1 Ameraucana. The girls are fun, and I know I'll end up with more, but I'd like to get some blue or lavender hens at some point. I used to have some self-blue OEG's and thought they were beautiful. I also have a website (dfwsuburbanchickens.com) where I'm trying to collect city and town ordinances on chicken ownership, and would love any information that you guys might have. Anyways, just thought I'd introduce myself. Hope to meet some of you sometime!

Back
Top Bottom