Texas

I'm in Waco. Have 10 birds in the backyard coop. 3 RIR. 1 Australorp. 1 White leghorn. 1 Easter Egger/Ameraucana. 1 Golden Sex Link. 1 Dominique. 1 Ancona and 1 Moddled Houdan. We are hoping for eggs soon! All are 18-20 weeks.

I'm in Waco. Have 10 birds in the backyard coop. 3 RIR. 1 Australorp. 1 White leghorn. 1 Easter Egger/Ameraucana. 1 Golden Sex Link. 1 Dominique. 1 Ancona and 1 Moddled Houdan. We are hoping for eggs soon! All are 18-20 weeks.

welcome-byc.gif
Wacky Waco :)! These guys are so addictive!!!

I have my chickens in the backyard and they seem be alright with the weather and the daily 2 gallon ice water bowl and for some odd reason I still see them sunbathing when they are not in the various shaded areas

I have my chickens in the backyard and they seem be alright with the weather and the daily 2 gallon ice water bowl and for some odd reason I still see them sunbathing when they are not in the various shaded areas
LOL - They sound like nuts. I still can't figure out why in the world some of our chickens still pile up and lay all over each other when it's this hot. When it's this hot I don't want anybody touching me yet our youngest chickens seem to enjoy touching each other constantly.

has anyone tried to make a list of poultry breeders in our state? i think that could be useful for people looking for specific breeds and not wanting to order from hatcheries in bulk.
I agree! I live in the Arlington/Mansfield area. Just got some land in the Burelson/Joshua area. I currently have 18 girsl. the last 6 I bough as chicke from a local hatchery. Ther were supposed to be Buff Orpingtons. Only 1 is totally Buffm the others have spangled feathers, whote feather one has red around it's neck and another has black tail feathers.

I would like to be able to buy a couple of girls and soon roos at a time, locally. Not shipped across country, have have to buy 10-15 or 20 at a time.

I agree! I live in the Arlington/Mansfield area. Just got some land in the Burelson/Joshua area. I currently have 18 girsl. the last 6 I bough as chicke from a local hatchery. Ther were supposed to be Buff Orpingtons. Only 1 is totally Buffm the others have spangled feathers, whote feather one has red around it's neck and another has black tail feathers.

I would like to be able to buy a couple of girls and soon roos at a time, locally. Not shipped across country, have have to buy 10-15 or 20 at a time.

We have some friends that live near Burelson, will you be moving there soon?

matthewdwible

I'm in Waco.  Have 10 birds in the backyard coop.  3 RIR.  1 Australorp.  1 White leghorn.  1 Easter Egger/Ameraucana.  1 Golden Sex Link.  1 Dominique.  1 Ancona and 1 Moddled Houdan.  We are hoping for eggs soon!  All are 18-20 weeks.

I would love to see pics of your girls. The sex link, and Australorp are breeds I would like to get one day. I also have no idea what a Moddled Houdan, or an Ancona even look like... SMH

Yes we will be in Burelson just off of FM 917. We only live 30 minutes aways now, now we will be living next to the grandkids.

I want to get quality animals. I have a group that can be mixed beacasue they will just be layers. But I also want a good looking group that can be shown by my children and grandkids.

I want to get quality animals. I have a group that can be mixed beacasue they will just be layers. But I also want a good looking group that can be shown by my children and grandkids.

I am starting with 9 (lost one) California Whites, and 10 Buff Leghorns. they are 12 weeks old, and I'm thinking I might have a Buff Leghorn Roo in there... I only wanted a laying flock at first, now I would kind of like to breed...
I really want to start in with some Blue Isbars too, Beautiful Birds!!

Howdy Neighbor
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom