Thai Game Fowl (Photos)

Nice Birds :) Check out mine! Here is a video of my Ginger Thai Rooster
He's Fibro-Melanistic (Black boned & Skin)

My Thai hen looks kind of the same except she always have full colorful feathers. My rooster kind of tall and long neck, he came from very good blood line, both the hen and the rooster. His father was couple time champs, but I can't stand cock fighting, so since i got him, he hasn't see any other roosters except himself on the mirror.

I live in Northern Thailand and keep Japanese Bantams, and also these guys! They are the local chicken around here - I guess they are some kind of game fowl? Are they a recognised breed?

Here is my top man in charge of the other chickens!

Eating the leftovers from our meal. They never get chicken food - eat all free range and left over food. I will throw dry unhulled rice on the ground to bring them in for the night. They sleep under bamboo baskets for protection.

They get a lot of food from our very basic kitchen - like the rural look?

I raise Thai chickens too. I live in California. Here's some of my Thai stags. Sorry I don't know how to post up pictures.

i some questions , are thai gamefowl cold hardy chickens and how many eggs yearly do the hens lay(average)

I have never had a problem with them and cold, but, I live in PA. A lot will depend on your areas climate. Mine have been excellent layers of large brown eggs, however, they want to go broody constantly, and, I usually let them. This isn't an egg laying breed really, buy they have laid quite well if you can keep them from setting.

Back
Top Bottom