Thai Game Fowl (Photos)

Well the spurs are really rare because it is a mutation kind thing and mostly oriental breeds have those so yeah they do and the eyes sometimes are but mostly they are just regular eye color in what you see in a rooster

Well the spurs are really rare because it is a mutation kind thing and mostly oriental breeds have those so yeah they do and the eyes sometimes are but mostly they are just regular eye color in what you see in a rooster

Salam,

I see. By the way any suggestion for bantamizing a Malay. My program is crossing my hen bantam Cornish to my Malay roo. Any breed that you would suggest?

Well if you plan on making them bantam sizzled it takes a lot of work but I would'nt cross them with a Cornish because it won't remain pure anymore find a smaller hen and cross them and when chicks hatch and grow they will likely go off the mothers gene and be small and the. Get even a smaller hen if possible or just breed with their sister and keep on doing this 2-4 times more this should give you a good quality Malay bantam

Well if you plan on making them bantam sizzled it takes a lot of work but I would'nt cross them with a Cornish because it won't remain pure anymore find a smaller hen and cross them and when chicks hatch and grow they will likely go off the mothers gene and be small and the. Get even a smaller hen if possible or just breed with their sister and keep on doing this 2-4 times more this should give you a good quality Malay bantam

Thanks man, good thing I never started crossing them. BTW just got my pair Thai and a hen blue Madras. are you familiar with blue Madras I'm questioning the coloration of her eye, instead of white its red (from what I heard they were asils, is it true).

I saw your project interesting and I remembered seeing where someone did the same project. He took a Red Pyle Malay cock and crossed it to some Dark Cornish hens. This is what he got out of them.

It's a great options research about. I use to breed pure thai back in 02 - 06 and most of them are 9 - 12 inches tall and weight 8.5 - 9lbs, but now there's lot of crossbred and it's very hard to find pure thai.

Back
Top Bottom