Thai Game Fowl (Photos)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Mader631, May 22, 2010.

1. hassamahmad1210

hassamahmad1210 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2013
    Well the spurs are really rare because it is a mutation kind thing and mostly oriental breeds have those so yeah they do and the eyes sometimes are but mostly they are just regular eye color in what you see in a rooster

2. Totits

Totits Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2014
    Salam,

I see. By the way any suggestion for bantamizing a Malay. My program is crossing my hen bantam Cornish to my Malay roo. Any breed that you would suggest?

3. hassamahmad1210

Sep 3, 2013
    Well if you plan on making them bantam sizzled it takes a lot of work but I would'nt cross them with a Cornish because it won't remain pure anymore find a smaller hen and cross them and when chicks hatch and grow they will likely go off the mothers gene and be small and the. Get even a smaller hen if possible or just breed with their sister and keep on doing this 2-4 times more this should give you a good quality Malay bantam

4. Totits

Totits Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2014
    Thanks man, good thing I never started crossing them. BTW just got my pair Thai and a hen blue Madras. are you familiar with blue Madras I'm questioning the coloration of her eye, instead of white its red (from what I heard they were asils, is it true).

5. mcrooke45

mcrooke45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2011
    New Market, TN
    I saw your project interesting and I remembered seeing where someone did the same project. He took a Red Pyle Malay cock and crossed it to some Dark Cornish hens. This is what he got out of them.
    [​IMG]

6. hassamahmad1210

Sep 3, 2013
    Yes madras come from India and were bred over there to fight and for their meat

7. hassamahmad1210

Sep 3, 2013
    They are Indian asil I only know more about pakistani asil

8. nelmsy

nelmsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2013
    England
    How tall can thai birds grow to be

9. Chang1993

Chang1993 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    It's a great options research about. I use to breed pure thai back in 02 - 06 and most of them are 9 - 12 inches tall and weight 8.5 - 9lbs, but now there's lot of crossbred and it's very hard to find pure thai.

10. sumatrass

sumatrass Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    I just got these 2 about a week ago, they are full Thai, but the dad is white and the mom a brown chicken. what does it make them, spangle maybe?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by