Thank you All - Just Arrived (both the chicks and I!)

Fuzzy_Hat_Farm

Chirping
10 Years
Jun 4, 2009
Maryland
You're right, this forum IS addicting!!
tongue.png

SO’s grandparents raised chickens. He now lives in the house his grandparents once lived in and he decided he wanted to set up a new coop on the property. I know nothing about raising chickens so I commenced checking out books at the library, buying books, surfing the net, etc. (I like to know what I’m getting into). I’ve been scouring all the posts here and gather info left and right.

SO built a beautiful coop and run which still needs fencing around and over the run, chicken door, nest boxes, roosts, exhaust fan... (SO spoils us all – his son, me, the dogs, now the chickens too.
big_smile.png
)

33377_coop_0001_1.jpg

Hadn’t even got the chickens yet and we have a hawk awaiting their arrival!
hmm.png

33377_coop_0001.jpg

So after searching the around and talking him into it, I ordered some chicks from Mt. Healthy. Since we’ve had such a cold, wet spring, SO built a wonderful brooder in the basement. It has a divider in the middle and adjustable-height pole across the top for the light(s).

33377_chickies_1st_day_0011.jpg

The big day has arrived and the chicks are here! Our puppy (yes he’s only 14 mos old!) is eager to meet them.

33377_chickies_1st_day_0001.jpg

And here they are...the assorted heavies (7 Black sex links, 7 Golden comets, 5 Rhode Island Reds, and 7 Araucanas)

33377_chickies_1st_day_0002.jpg

They’re happy, healthy, eating, drinking, milling about.

33377_chickies_1st_day_0012.jpg

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THE GREAT INFO!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom