Thanks a lot, DH is going to disown me....

See, I was never very good at math. I appreciate all the "tutoring" you guys just gave me.
lau.gif

flspnr, maybe it would help if you listed your husband first? Just an idea...

(I have one hen in the coop and three in the brooder, and since I live where stoopid lives, I guess I need five more hens, right?)

My DP is drawing up plans for a coop expansion. Chicken math is contagious!
yippiechickie.gif

I know chicken math all too well. We started last May with 2 production reds. Went to an auction got 6 more reds. Needed more color in the yard. Went to a farm got 6 what we thought was Barred Rocks ended up with 4 black sex link boys a barred rock boy and a barred rock girl. Re homed the BSL boys. Ordered 10 from Ideal. 9 was DOA and the last died 3 days later. Went to an other farm bought 5 1 boy rehomed. Got 4 NN's 1 boy rehomed. got 5 more 1 boy rehomed. See the pattern? everytime you end up with 1 boy you have to get 5 to replace.
lau.gif
At present time we have over 50 but 19 are babies that my broodies hatched so some will be rehomed. This last winter and spring we have hatched over 100 babies. My DH doesnt say anything to me anymore just
roll.png

Little known fact: Gas leaks alters chicken math. You divide by 2. Multiply by 7. Add 6 and buy twice the number you get when you do the math.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I think we should start a new thread called chicken math. I need more tutoring...

DP just says "tell me what you want done.." Lucky I live in a town that limits residents to 8 hens! Think the cops can do chicken math? Better yet, can my neighbors? We should schedule classes!!

And I like the part about adding more color to the yard. I have two black hens. Don't you think that means I should have to get 2 white leghorns??

yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
8 chicken limit? Let's see .... several of each color that look identical should confuse them just don't let the chickens mill about in the same area so they can't be counted
lau.gif
gig.gif
frow.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:

Quote:
THat is too funny. I used to slip new cats in like that too! Now it's chickens but he made the mistake of telling someone, within my hearing, that he didn't care how many chickens I had as long as they weren't cats and they were outside.......silly man...

Quote:
THat is too funny. I used to slip new cats in like that too! Now it's chickens but he made the mistake of telling someone, within my hearing, that he didn't care how many chickens I had as long as they weren't cats and they were outside.......silly man...

yuckyuck.gif
silllllly man
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom