Thanksgiving Day Hatch, anyone?

I set splash Marans, silkies, blue/black mottled cochins & brabanters then counted days to find arrival....Thanksgiving! Good thing our family decided to hold it the weekend before! We may be overrun with young chickies (fingers crossed)
I probably shouldn't have hatched this late in the year. Freezing temps at night create some extra work (now that its dark by 5pm)to gather waterers and return them in the morning. BUT the incub was working so well and funny how others mentioned it, but it is really satisfying to see the chicks arrive.

ha i just realized (from this post) that my main batch of coturnix quails are due to hatch the day before turkey day!
big_smile.png

Anyone have any candling updates?

Unfortunately I only have 2, maybe 3 that look good and developing. I guess that won't be too bad if all 3 hatch. Time will tell, as it usually does.

Good luck!

Shane

Hi. My coturnix are due starting the 23rd about every other day for a week.. Could kick myself for putting them in as they came. 8, 5, 7, 3, hard to keep track of.
hu.gif

I keep wanting to peak.
yippiechickie.gif
fl.gif

I have been so worried about my button quail eggs that I totally forgot that my eggs were due next week!
smack.gif

I don't think I've candled them at all! Probably be my best hatch
tongue.png

I had candled previously but I did not take anything out. Out of 20 eggs 4 were questionably. Last night I candled again, and those 4 were the only bad eggs. So I have 16 of our mutts growing.
wee.gif

hi there everybody! This is my 1st time every hatching eggs and I think my bantams seem to be doing a good job. Notsure what I am looking for when I candle. For awhile there they were veiny, now just looking full of something.... Are we all just full looking now???

Back
Top Bottom