Thanksgiving Hatchalong

I have some early arrivals!

0551e76a6f7eb750ffb994cc9d834c5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone because I'm probably bored in the stand.

Update picture of my 3 little survivors. The one on the left was the very first to hatch and the only survivor out of the 6 that went into the backyard and the other 5 disappeared. The other two are from when the hen stopped sitting on the eggs and they were kept warm on heating pad. The one in the middle hatched out in my car while I was picking my daughter up from school. I cranked up the heat in the car and was extremely thankful for the rainy 93% humidity day we were having. The last I thought for sure was a dud hatched out that night after I slipped the eggs back under the sleeping mama hen. It was weak and couldn't walk well. They are my little survivor mutt chickens. If any are hens they will have a place to call home indefinitely... this backyard needs no more roosters though. So I'm crossing my fingers they don't all turn out roosters.

6 eggs went into lockdown yesterday! All 6 have been moving and I hear someone peeping. Eeeeek! So excited. Thanksgiving babies. Hooray!

My single Araucana went into lockdown last night as well. I don't know if i posted here about it. We were down to 2 that survived when the power went out, but only one survived after that...
fl.gif

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I started with 34 eggs in the igloobator on the 5th. 24 shipped eggs and 10 from the backyard. Of the 24 shipped only 8 developed and they all made it to lockdown. 8 from my flock made it to lockdown (the other 2 were clear pullet eggs). All 8 from the backyard hatched yesterday and 5 of the shipped eggs hatched this morning and the last 3 have pipped.

The eggs from my flock are all mutts (Lavender Ameraucana Roo over Barred rocks and Ameraucana/silkie hens). The shipped eggs are Buff Orpingtons and Bielefelders.

I also have 3 due to hatch Sunday that are under a broody. I guess she was insulted that I took her eggs and put them in the bator. I wish my Cayuga drake would find his Mojo so I could get some fertile duck eggs to hatch!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I started with 34 eggs in the igloobator on the 5th. 24 shipped eggs and 10 from the backyard. Of the 24 shipped only 8 developed and they all made it to lockdown. 8 from my flock made it to lockdown (the other 2 were clear pullet eggs). All 8 from the backyard hatched yesterday and 5 of the shipped eggs hatched this morning and the last 3 have pipped.

The eggs from my flock are all mutts (Lavender Ameraucana Roo over Barred rocks and Ameraucana/silkie hens). The shipped eggs are Buff Orpingtons and Bielefelders.

I also have 3 due to hatch Sunday that are under a broody. I guess she was insulted that I took her eggs and put them in the bator. I wish my Cayuga drake would find his Mojo so I could get some fertile duck eggs to hatch!

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well! Thanks for the update. Congrats on your hatch, so exciting :)

I have 2 eggs that internally pipped yesterday about 6pm(they are chirping to each other like crazy)No external pips yet. At what point do I start to worry?

Back
Top Bottom