THATS IT !!!!!!!!!!! I'M DONE

lost

Songster
11 Years
May 10, 2008
,nc
i'M sick of the darn dogs killing my rabbitts my chickens. Lost 2 yesterday. I call the cops, animal control .THEY DO NOTHING. Then the dog owners look at me like I did somthing. My dog stays in my yard. Keep yours in your yard right. The cops, animal control tells me take them to court are you just have to catch them are shoot them. I don't want to kill a kids dog becouse the parents are to lazy to keep them up. Now my kids are seeing me getting the gun ready to kill them. Teaching my kids real good huh. If you have a problem you have to shoot them. Thats not right I don't want my kids to be raised like that.This is not right. Some of ya'll might say i'm being cruel. NO IT'S CRUEL HAVING TO TELL MY KIDS THEY LOST ANOTHER ONE TODAY. I'M sorry just mad. Please forgive me for my rant. :thun

hugs.gif

I'm sorry.

Sounds to me like you gave your neighbors every chance. Would it be possible to catch the dog and take it to the humane society? If not, then you do what you have to do to keep you and yours safe. I think most of us here understand your anger and frustration. I'm sorry you are going through this, you're right, it isn't fair. I sincerely hope you can resolve this soon. Good luck.
hugs.gif

I understand what you're going through. I'm having a problem with one of my OWN dogs right now. I hope you get things worked out.

Gee whiz - I know you've been having ongoing issues with the dogs.

My suggestion..... whether or not you end up shooting the dog is your call....

BUT, document EVERYTHING, take PICTURES and if you can catch the dogs in the act or at least film them coming into your yard, so much the better. Do you have witnesses - neighbors, etc that have seen these dogs in your yard, or have the same problems with them roaming in THEIR yards?

Document ALL your losses - tally up a reasonable amount for EVERY animal killed, any vet costs or costs incurred like antibiotics or bandages, and ALL damage to your fencing or cages. You can also claim any lost time from work, etc.

Then, file against them in small claims court. If you have good records (ie records of when you called A/C & police, pictures of damages - dead animal pictures really have an impact on a judge, witness statements or willing to come to court with you, you have a clear cut winning case against them.

Slap them with a summons and a $1000 small claims and eventually it will sink in that it is less trouble to keep their dogs up or get rid of them than to keep paying for your damages.

AND your kids will have learned a good lesson about the judicial system too!

Go get em!!

I had a dog kept coming in my yard , I called the owners to come get the dog (I had put it on a leash.) I was afraid it would get hit by a car.
When I told them to come get the dog they said he'll come home when he's ready home was over 2 miles away.
So I put the dog in my car and drove it to the pound , they had to pay to get it out or they left it there I don't know but I never saw the dog again.
I don't blame you for being mad
I would be too

Quote:
I beleive these people would rather have a judgement. Than pay for therer depts. I did catch them and have pics and wittnesses and the cops seen them and talk to the wittness .who lives right beside off me . She has ran them off before.If i take them too court I think it would be a wast of time. Thanks though

I don't know how it is now, but about 10 years ago a dog from about a quarter mile away came and killed a couple of our chickens. My dad talked to the sheriff and the sheriff told us that if a animal came on our property and was killing our animals we had a right to kill it. I don't know what they would say now adays but that is what they said then. My dad went and talked to the people who owned the dog and told them they had better keep there dog away or else. They belived that we ment business and kept there dogs away. I don't really know what else you could do if the people don't care. Well I hope you get it taken care of and everything turns out ok.

Back
Top Bottom