The ‘I’ve Got The COVID Shot Club’!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Welp, I feel like masks are a tool to slow the spread of disease in an extraordinary time.

And I don’t think it’s accurate to compare the cloth masks worn commonly to metal torture devices. I think that comparison greatly minimizes the pain and injustice that rained down on human beings for centuries, and stills persists.

And BDSM... well people like different things and some people want to participate in that...it’s a niche that can allow you to explore power dynamics. Not for everyone, but certainly, attendance is a choice!

I think a bra has more in common with the masks. Think about it... some people won’t go outside without, some people hate them so much they burned them, and it makes some people uncomfortable if you don’t wear one!
If I felt the masks actually worked, I would agree with you on that one. However, Fauci told us early last year that masks only give us a false sense of security and not to wear them. His words, not mine! It’s amazing how quickly the narrative changed on that one. His organization also did a study several years back indicating that the masks are ineffective. I’m just following his “science.”

I haven’t checked a face mask package recently because it doesn’t interest me but the last one I checked several months back said it doesn’t offer protection against viruses, not medical grade, etc. I just went on Wal-Mart to check out their standard light blue face mask and it clearly reads “This face mask should not be used for antimicrobial or antiviral protection or related uses or used for infection prevention or reduction or related uses.”
https://www.walmart.com/ip/3-Ply-Earloop-Face-Mask-25-ct/397294933

All the mask stuff is feel good BS. People live in a fantasy land. I say just let them keep on believing what they want to believe.
I honestly can’t imagine anyone truly believes a paper thin junk mask from wherever is actually making a difference.
Oh, they ARE making a huge difference...employing sweatshop workers halfway around the world. Looks very sanitary, doesn’t it?

This was an interesting read I thought. Masks are even debatable in the OR.

http://blog.chrismcculloh.com/do-we-really-need-masks-and-caps-in-the-or
Masks and gloves and other PPE have become part of “Universal Precautions” in the healthcare setting. It is basically a “standard of care” and is as much for the protection of the provider as the patient. And is only effective against blood-borne pathogens in a controlled clinical environment. I have no issue with universal precautions in healthcare as it treats everyone equally and there are standards of care. There’s nothing worse than being up to your elbows in blood and having to sneeze or scratch your nose! Or working on a patient with funk! (With a mask on, you can hide some reactions like gagging 😂)
That’s when masks truly come in handy!
Have they ever prevented me from getting colds/flu etc from patients???? NO!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom