The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though it was in less than twenty four hours I fear the internal temps got above the point of no return. You'll have to be the judge. It takes an egg an awful long time to change internal temp.

I can't seem to cut and paste the table of study done but will say the result for 0 days (less than 24 hours). If internal temperature of egg was 110F for 120 minutes it's lethal.

It's surprisingly less time day 4, 10 minutes, and by day 9 took over 600 minutes to kill the embryo. Then declines as days of incubation progress. By day 13 took only 300 minutes at 110 F to terminate.

In same paper it showed it takes an hour of fresh laid eggs internal temp to reach 29 degree in -10 F temperature. 29 F is lethal to embryo. Kinda shows how slow internal temp responds to environment.

Thanks for the informative advice, I don’t know how long was the egg temp exposure before I found it.

It depends on how hot the eggs were at embryo level. It may not have been as hot there as it read.

Expect the worst though

When I touch the eggs in my panic, they were not hot but almost body temp warm. Thinking because there were no fan circulation, the heat sensor was just reading the upper portion of the incubator where the heater part, and heat tendency is to rise not go down. I’m still undecided but hoping for the best.

Thanks for the informative advice, I don’t know how long was the egg temp exposure before I found it.

When I touch the eggs in my panic, they were not hot but almost body temp warm. Thinking because there were no fan circulation, the heat sensor was just reading the upper portion of the incubator where the heater part, and heat tendency is to rise not go down. I’m still undecided but hoping for the best.
:fl

Okay new milestone Silky the one I named mud she is black has gone broody left their eggs in there for 2 days tonight took the ones alive all but two but that is of 8 so 6 carried to Mud pulled all banty one by one replacing with the marans eggs as I went she held her skirt up till I was done then settled on them for the night :bow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom