The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will also be setting some quail eggs in a few days. They may or may not be for the hatch along, I'm going on a trip so I'm not sure how it will work with that.
Ok just to let you know, I will NOT be hatching quail with everyone in this hatch-along. Thanks for understanding, it got complicated with travel plans. I am still hatching chicken eggs though!

Thanks! Hoping to add a few more blue layers to the mix. We put Joseph, or Legbar rooster in with 2 CCLB, 1 Brown Leghorn, 1 White Lefhorn, and one EE that we call Eggs Lincoln because of her black beard. She was a packing peanut with some Cornish Rocks we bought.
BED83A7B-78C5-4361-926E-43351C6BFDFC.jpeg

Ok guys, this morning Ive check the incubator and the temp reading was 114*F, I was so puzzled and slightly panic since the incubator was only used 2x last spring. I’ve unplug it and plug it back but still the same. I had to meet someone for few hours so I decided to leave it unplug.

I came back at 2:30s pm and disassembled the Brinsea II Mini EX and found out the fan was not working since the little socket got loose. I Plug it back and it’s working perfect, humidity and temps are perfect. Now my concern is are these eggs ruined? Since it’s only been incubating for less than 24 hours? I’m not sure if the 114 reading was accurate since there was no fan circulation at that time. Could it be that the Level of the eggs temp was cooler? Should I chuck the eggs and start again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom