The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we set eggs slightly not on the right day? Could even be a few days late for me I guess. I was expecting to have my hatching eggs for this contest shipped on Monday, but I was just told they won't get shipped until today, Priority mail. The mail has been slow lately, so I'm also worried that the eggs will sit in transit over the weekend too. Kinda bummed. Don't really have a backup either. These are duck eggs.

sad.png
Yes.
For the guess number set/guess number hatch contest we count eggs that were set +/- 2 days of the actual set day.

So "keeper of the lists" please add me also.....the peer pressure is getting to me.
I will be setting some of my Orpington projects for the 1st time and I am sure a few odds and ends.
jumpy.gif

New chick condo

There is a brooder on the top right side with wire and a door also I can clip a heat lamp for them
The lower portion is one long brooder with 2 doors in the front, though there is a slot to place a divider in the middle to section off the bottom into 2 separate areas. So 3 brooders in total with a feed shelf to the top right. All the hay is placed above the feed shelf area. There is an additional brooder up high above the top right side brooder, it was previously built and placed up top on its side and extra waterers and feeders are stored in it also. To the entire left side of the unti I will build extra shelves extending out to store all the extras like medical supplies and DE sevin dust feed cups etc.

Tomorrow I plan to move my 11week olds out to it, finally.

Very nice!
x2...I love all of that storage. I need storage, my basement has chicken stuff everywhere!

Okay I have got to have help with my baby ducks. I brooded two last year and did not have this problem. I use XL clear plastic totes to brood. This yeas babies are flooding it. I took a 9x13 cake pan and put shavings in it so they would have a dry place to lay. I have 30 duck eggs in the incubator so I need to know what is the best way to brood ducklings. I have 3 weeks to come up with something. I'm about to move the 3 out to the bantam coop with their light. I don't know any thing else to do. Please if you have any methods to share please please do.

Okay I have got to have help with my baby ducks. I brooded two last year and did not have this problem. I use XL clear plastic totes to brood. This yeas babies are flooding it. I took a 9x13 cake pan and put shavings in it so they would have a dry place to lay. I have 30 duck eggs in the incubator so I need to know what is the best way to brood ducklings. I have 3 weeks to come up with something. I'm about to move the 3 out to the bantam coop with their light. I don't know any thing else to do. Please if you have any methods to share please please do.

Expensive but, I used puppy pee pads over the shavings everyday. Also, I got a disposable metal lasagna pan from the grocery store and put the waterer in it. It did help A LOT!!! Good luck, I'll be doing it all again in a month too, lol!
roll.png

It's 2:20 am and I'm STILL up with the huge emu chick! NEED SLEEP!!!!
th.gif
It's lonely.
sad.png
Get some sleep Caleb!

Good morning. So far I have hatched 10 chicks unfortunately I came home to a beautiful chick that died. It looked so healthy too. The chick that hatched yesterday morning did not look very good when I placed in the brooder so I put him in a separate container because of the other running around in the brooder.. At that time I noted one that thatched first was breathing rather hard. It ended up getting in with the recently hatched box. It passed overnight and the other is not going to make it.
hit.gif
I had one in the hatched overnight and he is in the brooder now. He seems to be pretty strong. The others seem to want to pick on him but he picks back. I have one that is trying to hatch now. If it makes it I would have had 11 chicks hatched. I think that is the end of this hatch. Nothing else is happening. I feel successful in my first hatch but it is a sad success with the lose of three. Sorry for the downer this early in the morning.

Congrats to the Emu hatch. I was too distressed last night to watch it but I did peak in and it as facinating. Thank you for sharing.
I'm sorry for those that didn't make it.

Good Morning Everyone.

I woke up to 3 newly hatched chicks, 2 OE and 1CL. Another CL is zipping right now and I have about 4-5 other pips.

I still have the emu cam on here at my house too. That bird is to darn cute.
Congrats!

These eggs were in the new Cabinet Cooler incubator! a week before hatch! so far so good!

We have 3 Lavs and a female CCL out!!

and the serama are popping out like popcorn several more to go!
Always a wonderful hatch from Harmonys eggies!!

Awwwww. Congrats Sally!

tomorrow I start collecting eggs for the "5th Annual", hope my flock likes the idea of your contest and produces !!!
old.gif
I'll be collecting as well.

Good morning I would like to join the hatch along! I have lavender ameraucana and F3 Olive Eggers! It's my first hatch along so I hope I can keep up. Hello everyone from PA!
Welcome!

Quote: Thanks Mike! I knew it was out there somewhere, but I was too tired last night to find it.

So "keeper of the lists" please add me also.....the peer pressure is getting to me.
I will be setting some of my Orpington projects for the 1st time and I am sure a few odds and ends.
jumpy.gif
Yay for peer pressure! Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom