The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LL

Paddle walk! At least that's what I call it. Looks so much like mine have. Give her some time. Like ron said, if it is a slipped hock, then not much can be done anyway.

I've been out most of the day, which I thought was a good distraction from the lack of progress in my hatch. Called home - no change. Not a single Saturday egg is even chirping. Started with 40, put 16 in lock down and it looks like I'll have one chick. My EHAL last year sucked too. No more EHALs for me. :(

@mlmddh
 Ok, final count is 20 chicks hatched. 

I have to say this has been one of my best hatches in a long time. 

Also, I just realized that I now have 40 chicks in the brooder. 20 shipped and 20 hatched. I swear there is something wrong with me. :lol:

Anxiously waiting for pictures! :)

Quote:
gig.gif

Quote: You mean like these?
lol.png

The one in the corner of the box has 5 toes and a ton of fluff on it's feet. The smaller one pipped through a vein and it needed a buddy close to it's size.

The brooder is sitting on top of a small entertainment center that I plan on turning into a brooder. More space. These guys proved I need it.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned slipped hock which has me worried as well. I can make her a sling if that would help but I don't want to stress her if it will go away on its own...I was looking at her and I thought the bantam eggs I had in my bator were from my little game hen but she has feathering down her shanks and 9 toes! Lol Guess she's half silkie. Such a cutie.

It's been awhile since I've had a slipped tendon but I'm pretty sure the legs stick out to the side at a strange angle. That does not look like slipped tendon to me. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Raz: awesome hatch.
My wife's father passed away yesterday. She saw some of @draye pics of our grandchicks and smiled big. She loves our flocks.
Could you please pm her some pics of her grandchicks to @1kluckychik

:gig You mean like these? :lol: The one in the corner of the box has 5 toes and a ton of fluff on it's feet. The smaller one pipped through a vein and it needed a buddy close to it's size. The brooder is sitting on top of a small entertainment center that I plan on turning into a brooder. More space. These guys proved I need it.
Awh!! Are the chimpmunk and all black ones the EEs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom