The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I am so happy for you! You have been so good natured about the bounce-about eggs. Hopefully you will get an exceptional hatch from your quail eggs!

Thanks. LOL, laugh or cry, those are always options. The more the saga drags on, the more entertained I'm becoming. I've counted the eggs in the box as a lost cause, now just curious if there will ever be a resolution. If that box IS sitting on the back counter collecting dust, they'll probably really notice it in about 20 days, as much as that box bounced around. Should be a few stinkers brewing.

You could do a giant version of the bator I just built
1f604.png

This is very nice! Nice job!

celebrate.gif
YAY!!! She's so cute
love.gif
. I haven't been stalking the turkey talk thread lately, how many of your turkey hens are laying now? And how many eggs you got in the bator?

Thank you :) She's my baby he only got all puffed up and agitated because I was taking pictures and she didn't like the flash. Usually, I have no problem reaching under her and checking her eggs. All 6 of my hens are laying now. They all started one right after the other. I hatched 13 poults 2 weeks ago, have 30 eggs due to hatch this week and 100 more in the bator :)

Alrighty everyone, I am ready!!! My austrolorp laid an egg yesterday, and Twizzler is broody, and I got my pipettes to use to artificially inciminate the austrolorps... It will be fun (not)... Lol I guess it needs to get done so I can hatch...

Alrighty everyone, I am ready!!! My austrolorp laid an egg yesterday, and Twizzler is broody, and I got my pipettes to use to artificially inciminate the austrolorps... It will be fun (not)... Lol I guess it needs to get done so I can hatch...

Yeah!! On the laying part but kinda yeah on the whole incimiation part lol but u gotta do what u gotta do , good luck

I have the same thing going on. They just don't seem to feel well. My guys are about 8 weeks old, but have been on the ground since birth. They are lethargic with watery poop, no blood. They are eating, but not like they have been. They are on medicated feed, but they are puffed up like I've seen others who had coccidia. I am thinking this may be respiratory. I heard a couple of sneezes so started septra 4 days ago. This morning they looked bad. Fluffed up, one was drooling, eyes shut. I made an emergency run to TSC (blew off work) and was planning on giving them something...not quite sure what. Bought Tylan, have fish mox, got some chlortotracycline medicated feed too. I thought they may be past hope. Got home and they are running around again. Right or wrong, I didn't use the tylan or fish mox, but am trying the chlortetracycline feed. I mixed it up with scrambled eggs and organic yogurt. They felt good enough to eat. Tonight, everybody got VetRX and I'm continuing the sulfa. This is a mystery. Usually respiratory problems have more symptoms like runny nose or wheezing. IDK. What am I missing? Vitamin deficiency due to medicated feed their entire lives?? I would appreciate any thoughts on this.
Bloody poop doesn't always occur with cocci. If they are puffed up at 8 weeks, get some Corid in them fast. Sometimes, medicated feed is not enough. They have to build up an immunity to the protozoa.

My broody turkey, Pebbles. This is her first time :)

Didn't you tell her she was supposed to wait a few more weeks?

Back
Top Bottom