The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. cree57i

cree57i Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    @KYTinpusher

I'm glad your mother is OK. What a gift that she is stubborn and independent! I feel sure you will be the same way at her age and your kids will be going [​IMG] or [​IMG].

Parents can be as challenging as teenagers as they get older.

2. Hurley

Hurley Egg Of A Different Color

Mar 17, 2010
    Palmyra, WI
    My Coop
    @KYTinpusher Good for her, hope she stays safe. My grandmother, who is now 95, moved in with mom here a few years ago, just to have someone around as she was having some falling problems. This year finally she does use a walker probably about half the time for balance, but man if I ever see 95, I hope to be half as spry as she is!

Home, opened my quail eggs and they are in perfect condition, tons of extras, arriving 2 days early. Now THAT is sweet! :) Bounce-about box is still MIA.

3. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Well, I think you are right about the Golden Polish... Here is a photo of one.
    [​IMG]

I think I see a Silver Wyondotte in there. The first one could be an EE with those green little legs and feet. :) I think I may see a Golden Wyondotte?

4. fresnofarmer

fresnofarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2015
    Fresno CA

You could do a giant version of the bator I just built [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Lozuufy

Lozuufy Pigeons are nutty Premium Member

May 20, 2012
    MA/VT
    @chickendreams24 when I have a chicken showing illness I give them a bit of cayenne pepper powder mixed with water to make a paste, then mix the paste in with their food. Cayenne is really good for the heart and circulation, plus lots of other stuff I can't think of right now.

Just thought I'd mention it, I hope your pullet gets better!

6. cree57i

Mar 1, 2014
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    I have the same thing going on. They just don't seem to feel well. My guys are about 8 weeks old, but have been on the ground since birth. They are lethargic with watery poop, no blood. They are eating, but not like they have been. They are on medicated feed, but they are puffed up like I've seen others who had coccidia. I am thinking this may be respiratory. I heard a couple of sneezes so started septra 4 days ago. This morning they looked bad. Fluffed up, one was drooling, eyes shut. I made an emergency run to TSC (blew off work) and was planning on giving them something...not quite sure what. Bought Tylan, have fish mox, got some chlortotracycline medicated feed too. I thought they may be past hope. Got home and they are running around again. Right or wrong, I didn't use the tylan or fish mox, but am trying the chlortetracycline feed. I mixed it up with scrambled eggs and organic yogurt. They felt good enough to eat. Tonight, everybody got VetRX and I'm continuing the sulfa. This is a mystery. Usually respiratory problems have more symptoms like runny nose or wheezing. IDK. What am I missing? Vitamin deficiency due to medicated feed their entire lives?? I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

7. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Raz!

How could I forget your birthday? I thought three days ago, I won't forget, I won't forget. Well, I didn't really, I'm here, late..er..in the day. Hope you had a fantastic day!

[​IMG]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

8. cree57i

Mar 1, 2014
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    I am so happy for you! You have been so good natured about the bounce-about eggs. Hopefully you will get an exceptional hatch from your quail eggs!

9. Auroradream26

Auroradream26 Smothered in Feathers Premium Member

May 14, 2013
    Central, PA
    My broody turkey, Pebbles. This is her first time :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. Lozuufy

Lozuufy Pigeons are nutty Premium Member

May 20, 2012
    MA/VT
    [​IMG] YAY!!! She's so cute [​IMG]. I haven't been stalking the turkey talk thread lately, how many of your turkey hens are laying now? And how many eggs you got in the bator?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by