The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

A Serama lays that small.

Interesting. Perhaps I'll have some seramas then! Fun!

So sorry about your chick!!

Probably! Just smaller than the bantams I have. Unless the small eggs are from something besides a chicken...

I think it is a new gene because the leg scales are black and white too. I know of no other black and white chicken that has mixed colored leg scales. To me that makes it even more exciting.

I have a black sex link rooster that has white legs with black speckles. I didn't realize that was unusual. He's destined for the freezer either way. He has a serious attitude problem.

Already getting ready for the FUN! ( one of the contest we do after the hatch)

NAME THAT CHICK!
P9X3wFOJsQjqqO5DL60n0M9PtrqhrE1ekfY8__s66Lk5JQYpM-YI_Q3nzXRAZyZQnodhuuHDAn_M6DNojw4bZMPw3psGofigY87fZdsgt2f1aMEkkUgQq3XPSjTN-UzqZ_v0cwqV

Write your Name, and your BEST CHICKEN NAME!
Winners will be drawn randomly. GOOD LUCK!

Your Name: ______________________________ Chick Name: ________________________

130 chicken eggs is my official number
Thank You! Good Luck with your Hatch!

I'm in!! 42 eggs total set. 24 Welsummer, 18 mixed breeds.
Welcome! Thank You! Good Luck with your Hatch!

I finally actually hit the date right for a hatch-a-long!

On Sunday I set 28 eggs, a mix of White Ameraucana, frizzle bantam Cochin, Super Blues, NN EEs, and OEs backcrossed to Ameraucana. I'm getting real Easter Eggers for easter.
smile.png

Welcome! Thank You! Good Luck with your Hatch! Pretty eggs

Well, due to some issues with the new "cabinet cooler bater" , regulating the temp & trying to make a turner, I didn't set eggs at I'd planned on Saturday.
I ended up just getting 3 auto egg turners at TSC & cutting off one row, so they'd fit inside the incubator. Then, found another fan, to help circulate the air, as the 2 computer fans weren't moving the air enough. By the time that was done, it was bed-time on Saturday.
Ended up setting eggs Sunday evening (between 5pm & 8pm, due to having stop for supper).
So, I'm calling day one as 3/7, b/c they probably didn't start incubating until this early am.
It was so hard to choose which ones to incubate, as I'd been saving up all week, even after candling them to remove any "imperfect" eggs.
I'll post the exact #'s of each group set, but to my surprise, when I added all the eggs together, the calculator read "100" !!
Well, it was 96, but I thought what's four more?! I've never set that many! But, I figure it's testing out the new incubator, which there's no guarantee they'll hatch or not.
So, I'm half expecting them not to all hatch, since the temperature isn't as consistent throughout as I'd like.

That doesn't count the 8 turkey eggs I set, for a test hatch, since I'm not sure if they're fertile. But, since they're not hatching on the same day, they aren't included in the Easter Hatch-A-Long.

Adjust my total to 14 please. I couldn't resist adding 2 more to the mix. Especially since one is a red star and blue cochin mix :) .
Updated!

1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
the mail lady brought me a package today with another dozen. 1 was broke and I dropped 1 while candling. That leaves 10 but all have detached air cells.
1f630.png
I've got them in a carton and won't turn for several days. Hope they are ok.

So that brings my count up to ....... 64!!!!! My husband is going to KILL ME!!!!!!!!!!! If I disappear after hatch it's because of fowl (
1f609.png
) play.
Updated!

Ooooo...I gots a 6 year badge, now. Whoop!
Congratulations!

Ok, so I made the two day after deadline! I set 12 Jubile or ping ron eggs and 10 black copper marans/ jubilee orpington crosses.
smile.png

Quote: Updated!

Quote: Welcome! Thank You! Good Luck with your Hatch!

@mlm Mike My total number for eggs is 114.

jumpy.gif

I'll join in! Even though my contribution is pathetic.
tongue.png
I set 4 Rosecomb eggs on Saturday afternoon. Excited to have a few Easter chicks.
I'm out of the hatch. The eggs I was supposed to receive for the HAL were sent a week earlier than expected (and that hatch is busted because of it.) The replacement eggs will not be here until ???? So, you may take my name off the list. Thanks. Good luck, everyone!
I'm sorry. You know you can stick around and tell us about your hatch anyways. The list is just so we can have cutoffs for the number set/number hatch contests.

I got my eggs today from a dear friend,and had no idea what she was bringing. What a happy surprise! She brought 9 Serama, 3 Lavender Marans, 9 Splash & Partridge Brahma, 15 Silver, Lavender & Black Am's, and 6 OE (CCL x Marans). What a fun hatch this is going to be!
yesss.gif

So, my total set for the Hatch-A-Long is 42
clap.gif

@mlm Mike set 13 on Sat (also a bunch of bantam eggs on Sunday but they already have some development from a broody hen so don't count)

My final set is 3 under broody some of my hens are still being hit or miss on their laying
sad.png

I set 20 more eggs today. I have no idea what they are. Some were only 20-25g. What kind of chicken lays an egg that small? My Silkies and Cochins lay eggs that are about 40g... So weird. It will be a surprise!
Updated!

I set 18 silkie eggs on March 4. Does that count?
Yes, it counts! Welcome. Thank You! Good Luck with your Hatch!

Well, I am way behind, AGAIN.
th.gif
I am going to attempt to finish reading all the new posts, but thought I would post my set numbers before I forget. Total set: 46
Date Set Breed Days to hatch Source # set # LD Expected Hatch Date Countdown to Hatch
3/4/16 22:30 Black Ameraucana 21 ours 3 3/25/16 22:30 17.95
3/4/16 22:30 Swedish Flower Hen 21 ours 9 3/25/16 22:30 17.95
3/4/16 22:30 Chocolate Isbar Project - F1/BC2a 21 ours 2 3/25/16 22:30 17.95
3/4/16 22:30 Chocolate Isbar Project - F1/BC2b 21 ours 6 3/25/16 22:30 17.95
3/4/16 22:30 Isbar - B 21 ours 4 3/25/16 22:30 17.95
3/4/16 22:30 Svarthöna AB/B&C 21 ours 2 3/25/16 22:30 17.95
3/4/16 22:30 Svarthöna DC/AB 21 ours 5 3/25/16 22:30 17.95
3/7/16 21:00 Swedish Flower Hen 21 OHFarmerswife
celebrate.gif
15 3/28/16 21:00 20.89

I set one egg under the broody today
@Happy Chooks

Hatch Participant/Set list is current to Post 7400

Hummm I wonder if I should give updates like Razadia. This way if I disappear in the middle of it my chicken crazed friends can alert the cops of Fowl
1f61c.png
play.

Oh pray for my little boy. He spiked a fever of 101 last night and spent most of the night crying that his ear hurt. I've got dr appointment in 45 mins. I hope it's not another ear infection. They said many more and we will be looking at tubes.
1f630.png

On a different ,chick related note, I had to tend a few cases of pasty butt last night and my older chicks took a trip outside for a min this morning. They huddled in a corner of the area I set up in the coop so I brought them back in. It started raining and my power cord has a break. Safety first.

Yes! The speckled legs are AWESOME! I really want some, but my mom just said yes to me possibly getting Svart Honas, (as well as CCLs, Chocolate Orps, BCMs and silver coturnix quail) so I don't want to push the limit on how many chickens I'm allowed to have :p . Maybe next year I'll get some Orust...
The legs and there earlobes turning lavender when there agitated. Is what sold me on them. Don't worry guys I'll have eggs next year for sale and swap. Hopefully!!!

Hummm I wonder if I should give updates like Razadia. This way if I disappear in the middle of it my chicken crazed friends can alert the cops of Fowl
1f61c.png
play.

Oh pray for my little boy. He spiked a fever of 101 last night and spent most of the night crying that his ear hurt. I've got dr appointment in 45 mins. I hope it's not another ear infection. They said many more and we will be looking at tubes.
1f630.png

On a different ,chick related note, I had to tend a few cases of pasty butt last night and my older chicks took a trip outside for a min this morning. They huddled in a corner of the area I set up in the coop so I brought them back in. It started raining and my power cord has a break. Safety first.
Awww, I'm sorry. It's so hard when they are little and don't feel well. And us mommy's get sick too because they want to cuddle with us. Hope he feels better soon.

1f61c.png
play.

1f630.png

I am so so sorry :( :(

Back
Top Bottom