The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

BYC was down for me and when it came back up, it was stuck on an error php page

somad.gif

I took another video of the Delaware chicks in the Genesis 1588 incubator

Enjoy

vimeo_logo.png

Hmm... we have and issue. Our first egg pipped on day 20, yesterday morning. It is now the afternoon of day 21 and the pip is at the wrong end. The chick is making a lot of noise and slowly starting to zip its way around. I don't know what to do. We have 5 other eggs that have pipped, none of them have started to zip. Should we help the backwards one? I can see its beak through the zipped spots.
Leave it be.

BYC was down for me and when it came back up, it was stuck on an error php page

somad.gif

I took another video of the Delaware chicks in the Genesis 1588 incubator

Enjoy

vimeo_logo.png
BYC was down for me too! Love your Video. I have 2 of the 1588's with eggs in them so I use my old incubator to hatch in some times and once in a while I will use a broody.

I'm using the hatchabatch app, I have no pips on the two that made it to lock down. I set them at 9pm on Sat March 25th. Should my babies be out by now? I'm really starting to worry. Being so impatient I went to the feed store, and bought six blue silkie chicks that were born on Wednesday, which coincidentally was my birthday. My chicks have the same bday as me. :) !

So far 11 hatched out of 38 going into lockdown. In bator #1, fan quit and temp started dropping, so I had to increase thermostat setting. Glad I had an analog backup. Bator #2 has had great temps and humidity throughout the hatch, but only have 7 hatched out of 21 thus far.

I still have a couple of days to shore up the numbers, but this is disappointing. Looks like I may have to upgrade to a fully-automated cabinet sometime in the future.
sad.png

I'm using the hatchabatch app, I have no pips on the two that made it to lock down. I set them at 9pm on Sat March 25th. Should my babies be out by now? I'm really starting to worry. Being so impatient I went to the feed store, and bought six blue silkie chicks that were born on Wednesday, which coincidentally was my birthday. My chicks have the same bday as me.
smile.png
!

That's a great birthday present! Happy birthday!

celebrate.gif

They are all mixed so I'm not sure exactly what I have. The two yellow chicks came from my blue eggs so I know the mama was our Ameracauna and the papa must be our road Island White because the other roo is also an Ameracauna. Anyone else think the black with the white dot is a sexlink? If so, I have a little roo..

Back
Top Bottom