The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

16 so far. More are on the way.

More are still coming.
This is insane! The maddest hatch ever. Nobody wants to come on Easter.

Congrats to everyone with chicks!

I have a couple that are driving me crazy. One is pipped externally and another is pipped internally and cheeping, but no external pip.
nervous-said-she-you-don-t-mean-nervous-you-re-rThZqJ-clipart.png

Got the last of my hatch to the brooder except for 1. Was really sticky and legs were wonky. Got it all cleaned up and is resting in a cup in the bottom of a not full incubator.

It's a showgirl. It was just two showgirls that bred, so it's a bit less fuzzy.

What do you call a male showgirl?

Well finally on day 21 now from the remaining 14 eggs I have a partial zip going on but this morning about 11 am was the last one to hatch early that puts the toll of early birds to 19 only had issues with two one was zipped wrong and one was trapped inside from dry membrane my fault I didn't see the zip when I assisted the inverted chick! The one that was dried out membrain lost a little bit of fuzz when I was carefully removing the membrain away it sprung out still stuck at its back skin is ok just no fuzz on its back. Now if you count my last hatch Big old Goose Egg! and even compared to my first hatch I'm doing lots better I locked down 33 and have 19 and just on day 20 I'm wondering how much better it has been with all the great advice on this site!!

Back
Top Bottom