The AMERAUCANA thread

Pics
I have a few questions about Ameraucaunas:
*Ameraucanas :)
What kind is the chick in the attached picture?
What colour are their legs and feet?
Are they good egg layers?
Fairly good, in my opinion. They do often start laying a bit later, and I believe it’s around 200 eggs/year.
How do they usually fall in the pecking order?
Probably depends on the other birds. How big they are, and their temperaments.
If I get one it will be living with an Orphington and an Australorp. Would they get along?
*Orpington :). It’ll likely depend mostly on the personality of the individual birds, but those tend to be docile breeds, so it could work just fine.

:barnie I love these dang wheatens so much. The young June-hatch wheaten & blue wheatens are shaping up and I’ve just discovered a new favorite pullet. Her body coloring is delightfully fairly even, she’s got the right eye color, a beautiful tail angle & spread, and a lovely beard. Her fatal flaw? Her primaries have super poor coloring, barely any black there. I suppose her tail could also be more black, but I still love it’s shape.
AE8596C8-79B6-458C-8ECB-5CF2EEC873DC.jpeg

No bird is perfect. I am still fawning over her.

Oh, and I also put a bow tie on my eldest Blue Wheaten. She’s an absolute doll and I adore her.
08331782-7A8A-4849-81A2-1C19AD422C0A.jpeg

Hello!
I'd like your thoughts on Pedro. I inherited him spring of last year and was told he is Ameraucana - or maybe she said Americana.. No way of knowing for sure when you don't know to ask!
Anyways, Pedro is 2, a proud, handsome excellent rooster whichever one he is. Any thoughts?
20230725_182218.jpg
20230724_114914.jpg

Hello!
I'd like your thoughts on Pedro. I inherited him spring of last year and was told he is Ameraucana - or maybe she said Americana.. No way of knowing for sure when you don't know to ask!
Anyways, Pedro is 2, a proud, handsome excellent rooster whichever one he is. Any thoughts?View attachment 3670600View attachment 3670601
Looks to be EE. But a beautiful bird!

Hello!
Anyways, Pedro is 2, a proud, handsome excellent rooster whichever one he is. Any thoughts?View attachment 3670600View attachment 3670601
Yes, like @NagemTX said, he looks like an easter egger. His coloring is off from any of the accepted varieties, with those chest speckles and leaky silver. His comb is also pretty upright, but you’ll get that on ameraucanas too sometimes if they’re not to SOP haha. I love those speckles though, honestly. One of my EE boys has them as well, though not to the extent of Pedro. They’re honestly quite nice to look at.

Yes, like @NagemTX said, he looks like an easter egger. His coloring is off from any of the accepted varieties, with those chest speckles and leaky silver. His comb is also pretty upright, but you’ll get that on ameraucanas too sometimes if they’re not to SOP haha. I love those speckles though, honestly. One of my EE boys has them as well, though not to the extent of Pedro. They’re honestly quite nice to look at.
He looks kinda like Steve's Calliopes.

Hello!
I think he is a beautiful rooster with a very cool beard :love

Back
Top Bottom