The anticipation may kill me

I'm so jealous that you got yours! USPS tracking is broken on mine so I am totally in the dark on where they are.:he

You have adorable little fluffs there, though!

I gave her a drop of nutridrench a few hours ago. She’s eating and drinking just fine now.

The Austra white had the nipple waterer all to herself for most of the afternoon. The rest gathered around the rock filled standard chick waterer. A few are figuring it out tho, so she has to share. It was pretty funny to watch her dash to the end of the kennel and hog the water.

Safe and sound. One still hasn’t figured out water.

This is my first time playing mamma hen. My chicks are on their way and I have tons of questions. I see you have a Premier Comfort Plate. I also got one as I was afraid of starting a fire with a heat lamp. How high did you set yours and do you have the legs higher in the front than the back? I also have a nipple waterer and I wonder if I should also have a regular trough with marbles to prevent them from getting wet and drowning. Your chicks are adorable. I can't wait for mine to arrive.

So my blue cooper marans isn’t really drinking. She was pretty loud but once I tucked her underneath the premier plate, she quieted down. She’s the only one that hasn’t found the water yet, despite me trying to show her. Several times. They’re all quiet now, so I’m leaving them alone.

Since they arrived less than 24 hours after shipping, I shouldn’t worry, right? Or should I be doing more to coax her?

Let her be for now. Tomorrow I would try again. Some of my hatchlings want to drink as soon as I put them in the brooder and others wait a day or so

Back
Top Bottom