The Australian Shepherd Club

Catching Fire

Songster
8 Years
Dec 15, 2011
Okay, you Aussie lovers....This is for you! Share pictures of your Aussies, and about them. Give information to others about Aussies. Ask for information about Aussies. This is the place for us Aussie lovers!!! :)

What is an Aussie? (Please remember some of this is in my opinion):

An Aussie is a wonderful breed of dog. They are very tame, and they love to herd animals. You will see most Aussies with docked tails, because they can get in the way when herding. They have a nice thick coat to keep them warm. The average weight of an Aussie is 40 to 50 pounds. They are about medium height. Aussies are a great sized dog to have around the house, They're not too big, not too small, but perfect! If you have chickens, cattle, rabbits, etc. or anything, they would love to shoo them back into the pen for you! Don't let them come and try to herd you, this could cause problems- So make sure they have some animals to herd/chase around outside! :)

They come in a few different colors...... Black Tri, Red Tri, and Blue Merle (Please private message me if there are more known). :)

I have an Aussie, myself. He is still a puppy. Some of you know of him....Jasper. (This is luvinmychickens, I got revealed a while ago...) He is very energetic, and loves to chase the hens. He LOVES to play with my 5 year old Weimaraner, Bailey. He is a great addition to my family. I love him so much...He also loves to eat snow. Is that where all my snow is going to? I thought it was melting, but I guess it was just Jasper who was eating it. :)

If you would like to add information here on this origional post, please private message me, and I will add it. Also, if you would like to add a paragraph about your Aussie/s, just private message me a paragraph and I will add it up here with Jasper. :)

Thank you for participating in my Aussie thread! Have a ton of fun chatting with other Aussie owners, or to be Aussie owners! :)

I love my Aussie!! He is my world. Kasey is on the larger side, weighing about 70lbs. His color is red Merle. He loves water and agility. He is a very strong protector of me and will do anything I say with only one command.

2011-04-29164754.jpg

2011-03-17111806.jpg

I have to admit my Aussie is a pitbull/Aussie mix, shes got the Blue Merle face but is all white on the rest of her. I have a pic
smile.png

This is Pebbles.

I have 2 Aussies, a red merle named Ginger and a tri named Riley.
Here's Riley at 6 weeks...

A couple days later...

3 months...

4 months...

5 months...taking up my entire lap...

6 months (he was cold and sleepy in this picture)...

He's a little over 7 months now, but I don't have any more recent pictures.

Ginger is 10. She's MY dog. =P

She looks a little fat here.... But really she's not. lol

Both together....

They love each other... Really they do.

Here's my Aussie / Queensland Heeler cross Rea... we haven't started working sheep yet, just been working on coming when called and not killing the chickens and ducks and guineas...
roll.png

but a couple of weeks ago I think we had a breakthrough on bonding (took 3 months! hard headed little girl! sheesh!) so I think we're past the hard part, now we can start to have some fun
big_smile.png

she's a little thing, but quite intense, I think she's going to make an excellent working dog.

ok, and this next photo is courtesy of my slightly funky phone camera... but it may accurately represent her intensity!
lol.png

we've got a couple of border collies too, and LGDs.

Back
Top Bottom