The Body-Building Hamster...Sad News

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
As many of you know, we "inherited" a hamster from someone in the apartment complex. The little thing just showed up one day. DBF saw her and asked "Can we keep it?!" Of course I couldn't say no.

She is hours of entertainment. You can hear her burrowing, chewing and body-building.

DSCF0822.jpg

DSCF0823.jpg

DSCF0824.jpg

Last edited:

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
He did have steps going into a second-story, but seeing as how the top is plastic, I didn't want her to get a chance to break out and wreak her havoc on another tenant!
wink.png

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
Sadly...Gadget passed away last night.

She'd been looking a bit "ragged" but we couldn't figure out why. We got a new home for her (since DBF decided to go "Hulk" on the fish tank...)

She'd been looking better, running around enjoying herself. I gave her a small piece of carrot 2 days ago. Now she's passed. It was my DBF's pet.

Poor little Gadget, the world's first built-in-apartment, body-building hamster...

We had no way of knowing her age, so for all we know she could have been 5 years old. She was with us almost a year...would have been a year in June. Nobody in our apartment complex had a hamster ever so no idea where she came from. All we know is that we found her under the dryer...

Top Bottom