Good morning! It has been a while since I posted an update on my little flock, and I am worried about my little Cricket. She was acting very sleepy yesterday, and this morning, she didn't come out of the coop. She is walking slowly with her head close to her body, and her quacks are very soft. I put down some cat food with B-complex drizzled over it, but she did not seem interested. I am trying to introduce my new dog to my ducks, and yesterday he grabbed a couple of them. They were all fine afterwards, still acting sassy and no bleeding. I am hoping she is just a little sore!

P.S. - The dog will not be going back in around the ducks until I can get a shock collar!

Did the dog grab her around the neck? How old is Cricket and did this start before the dog got ahold of her? Is she laying?

He might have, it all happened so fast and I honestly can't remember which ducks he actually grabbed. She is 3 months old, not laying yet. She was already keeping a little bit of distance from the flock before this but she would still come and eat with them. They don't pick on her more than they pick on the rest of each other.

Here are some videos of Cricket. One is of her drinking really small sips really slowly. The other is of her sitting still and acting like she is about to go to sleep. The back of her neck looks like maybe a few feathers have been pulled out, but I felt it really good and there is no wound. She let my husband catch her and sat still while he held her which is very unusual.

Here are some videos of Cricket. One is of her drinking really small sips really slowly. The other is of her sitting still and acting like she is about to go to sleep. The back of her neck looks like maybe a few feathers have been pulled out, but I felt it really good and there is no wound. She let my husband catch her and sat still while he held her which is very unusual.
Hmmm. I don't know what's wrong with her.
I pray she gets better soon! :)

Back
Top Bottom