The Brooding of Allie, Casey and Latte

I believe they have grown since yesterday. So adorable ..
Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! You are correct :D Latte: 1.4 - 1.7oz up 21% Casey: 1.5 - 2.0oz up 33% Allie: 1.7 - 2.3oz up 35% - Go Pekin power! But let's not forget the real reason for this thread... Pictures :D Latte (L) and Allie (R) Casey Allie has something to say.... ...reminds me of another opinionated bird...
Snow!:hit

I can't remember my other two broods day 1 specifically.  I know they raced around like crazy on the pine shavings, but I'm not sure about day 1 after their trip.  So it could be either.  Casey is really crazy.  I reach my hand in the brooder toward her, there is a popping sound and she is standing somewhere else - and always was... I am not sure why I was reaching for that other place...  Ducks don't care about paradoxes. :lau

No, they sure don't!! :lau

:hugs for the tearful smile... great pics... and JB is gonna flip over seeing the baby ducki tongue... ;)

Well the security cam paid off... For two reasons 1. I get to show you what happened instead of tell you. 2. I can watch the little darlings while I type this so it doesn't happen again. Yesterday I tried to make a naris cleaning station. While supervised, the 'lings just pecked around the hole and didn't use it at all. I went to try it again today. Allie had grown enough that I thought I should open up the hole a little so she couldn't get her head caught in it, after all ducks are geniuses at devising ways to hurt themselves. Again they just pecked at the hole and the lid - no idea there was water inside. So I dabbled my finger in the water. No clue. Well I thought, when I first got the 'lings, I dipped their bills in the waterers so they would know where the water was. Maybe I should try the same thing here. I randomly grabbed Latte (currently the smallest) and dipped her bill in the water...

0.jpg

he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

Well it will only take a day or two to outgrow that...

OK, day 5 roll call and weigh in... (days 1 and 2 they were in transit so they aren't documented.)

Latte 2.3oz up 35% grower of the day, but still the smallest.

Casey 2.4oz up 20% should eventually be the smallest.

She still really likes the camera...

Allie 2.9oz (with an occasional flash of 3) up 26%

I spoke with Latte, and she agreed to do a special picture just for Julie. Casey wanted to help out too.

big_smile.png
It has webs.
big_smile.png
It has bills.
big_smile.png
It has cute.
big_smile.png
It has a dark Casey web on a white towel.
big_smile.png
It has teeny-tiny toe nails.
big_smile.png
It has little bitty nares.
big_smile.png
It has a peeking-hiding duck.

Julie, Please be very careful when viewing this picture.
hide.gif
Breathe and enjoy but please don't explode.
fl.gif

I love this thread. The babies are just gorgeous. That last one had me laughing I almost felt like Julie for a moment.
wink.png

Thanks for sharing your babies with us.

Back
Top Bottom