20200813_165725.jpg
    575.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200813_165706.jpg
    20200813_165706.jpg
    468.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200813_165649.jpg
    20200813_165649.jpg
    596.2 KB · Views: 7
It was raining heavy and I was checking where the leaks were in the rabbit pen and found them... where I expected them. I actually do not mind a few spots having leaks in heavy rains but I need the feeder and hay rack to stay dry as well as the tunnel area because thats where they will have their baby rabbits when breeding.

OK I strayed from the point of my post so new paragraph! I picked up my female rabbit who hates to be held but I wanted to pet her, she is a rex rabbit.. if you have had rex or mini rex you would know, you have to pet them. she relaxed sooner than usual and eventually was sitting on my lap with out me holding her in place. then she slipped off my lap and hopped right back up into my lap so I could keep petting her. First time that has ever happened with me and a Rabbit.

It was raining heavy and I was checking where the leaks were in the rabbit pen and found them... where I expected them. I actually do not mind a few spots having leaks in heavy rains but I need the feeder and hay rack to stay dry as well as the tunnel area because thats where they will have their baby rabbits when breeding.

OK I strayed from the point of my post so new paragraph! I picked up my female rabbit who hates to be held but I wanted to pet her, she is a rex rabbit.. if you have had rex or mini rex you would know, you have to pet them. she relaxed sooner than usual and eventually was sitting on my lap with out me holding her in place. then she slipped off my lap and hopped right back up into my lap so I could keep petting her. First time that has ever happened with me and a Rabbit.
One of my bunnies always sits in my lap then she stretches out and gives me bunny kisses which tickle 😂

Ive has my bunnies since they were 8 weeks and I played with them daily. I always go and talk to them or let them hop around the shed with me watching them.

I fixed the leaks on the Rabbit pen. I knew these leaks would happen but minimal leaks wouldn't be a bad thing provided 2 areas remained consntantly dry. Leaks affected the feeding area and the nesting area so I had to put in plastic feed bags. I do want to say that I highly recommend NOT using that brand name, about the only good thing about it is that feed bags are useful but I had a lot of chickens die the year I used that brand. I found cheaper and more healthy chicken feed since.
If the groves on the roof were going in the other direction I would have had a waterproof seal against the shed (thats how I did it when it was a chicken coop there) but I wanted water to run off in a correct direction (down) so I reversed it and that means leaks up against the shed which I fixed with plastic feed bags. I have a few other areas of concern to check out next time it rains but this may possibly be the last fix. Its also a dangerous fix because if I put my weight on roofing material anywhere that did not have support underneath I could have fell through a roof with jagged metal cutting into me. too bad I have to replace these bags every year or 2 depending on how much sun they get. I could have bought something designed for the task but I am too cheap and wanted to recycle old feed bags.

IMG_6010.JPG IMG_6011.JPG IMG_6013.JPG

I fixed the leaks on the Rabbit pen. I knew these leaks would happen but minimal leaks wouldn't be a bad thing provided 2 areas remained consntantly dry. Leaks affected the feeding area and the nesting area so I had to put in plastic feed bags. I do want to say that I highly recommend NOT using that brand name, about the only good thing about it is that feed bags are useful but I had a lot of chickens die the year I used that brand. I found cheaper and more healthy chicken feed since.
If the groves on the roof were going in the other direction I would have had a waterproof seal against the shed (thats how I did it when it was a chicken coop there) but I wanted water to run off in a correct direction (down) so I reversed it and that means leaks up against the shed which I fixed with plastic feed bags. I have a few other areas of concern to check out next time it rains but this may possibly be the last fix. Its also a dangerous fix because if I put my weight on roofing material anywhere that did not have support underneath I could have fell through a roof with jagged metal cutting into me. too bad I have to replace these bags every year or 2 depending on how much sun they get. I could have bought something designed for the task but I am too cheap and wanted to recycle old feed bags.

View attachment 2290604View attachment 2290605View attachment 2290606
I used that brand for 6 years and haven’t seen any birds drop from feed. I have lost some chickens because of the dreaded C word I can’t spell it lol so that’s what I call it. My phone will switch it 😂

Right now I switched to southern states all flock feed. My birds seem to love it so far. They only had pellets though, I need to look for crumble.

Back
Top Bottom