The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

I just went out there with a ultra bright flashlight and got a good look at her bits. I read that the time to take action is if there is a visible kit stuck and there was no evidence of that. However when I was looking she expelled some bloody discharge from her vag and then laid down and started panting. My hopeful side is saying the kits are coming but my realistic side is saying she may be in distress. This is only my 3rd rabbit litter and the other two went seamlessly with a different doe so I just really don't know what is normal. I will check on her again before bed and see if she is ok. She has been eating a bit each day and pooping pretty normally and drinking a lot. At this point I will wait and see.

Appreciate your insight. Hope your doe does well! What kind of bunnies ya breedin?
I just have 1 breeding pair of NZW (New Zealand white) for meat. This doe first kindled during the Feb freeze and we lost all 3 kits to the cold. We bred her back immediately and she kindled 6 at the end of March. We have put half that litter in the freezer and other half soon. She’s very ornery and my buck seems to be a one pump chump so to speak. It’s been extremely frustrating to say the least.

I just have 1 breeding pair of NZW (New Zealand white) for meat. This doe first kindled during the Feb freeze and we lost all 3 kits to the cold. We bred her back immediately and she kindled 6 at the end of March. We have put half that litter in the freezer and other half soon. She’s very ornery and my buck seems to be a one pump chump so to speak. It’s been extremely frustrating to say the least.
I am also in it mostly for meat. Maybe sell a few pedigreed heritage rabbits along the way. There certainly is a steep learning curve and quite a bit of variables I didn't foresee. If Crewella manages to birth a female she will not be bred again. I will try with her daughter and if she is a dud, new blood it is.

I am also in it mostly for meat. Maybe sell a few pedigreed heritage rabbits along the way. There certainly is a steep learning curve and quite a bit of variables I didn't foresee. If Crewella manages to birth a female she will not be bred again. I will try with her daughter and if she is a dud, new blood it is.
:hugs Im sorry Crewella is having a hard time :hugs

Update?????

Niven has developed a small dark line above her nose. I think it looks like an old timey villain’s mustache

What she actually looks like
0F219282-AA63-4F5F-ACE6-0FD2AB7A241E.jpeg

How I see her
526D1671-549A-4B61-A6E6-B3AC61F39993.jpeg

Update?????
Crewella seems to have recovered from her miscarriage. I never saw any solids come out and she is basically back to normal.We have moved her to a hutch outside in the garden to live out her days. I moved a new pedigreed doe into the breeding barn. A beautiful 5 month old. Hoping to get her bred shortly after this heat wave. Here she is.
20210622_122751.jpg

How has everyone and their buns been doing this week? :)

Mine are doing well, although I suspect Lion has an ear infection again. He was pretty off balance 2 days ago; nearly toppling over when he ran to get his pellets in the morning and wobbly when hopping around. I saw some wax in his ears and so we poured a little mineral oil into them to help get it out and it did clear his ears but his balance is still off. :(
Our old vet no longer sees rabbits and so we have found a new place that will take him Monday morning. I only hope it doesn't get worse while waiting, and that this new vet will be good.

So far there is no head tilt, but I do see his left ear tilted forward a lot. Part of me really wishes it is his old age + side effects from his last ear infection (he's had the tiniest wobble since it happened) but I'm suspecting an infection. Let's just hope it's nothing serious like e. cuniculi. I remember that was our biggest fear last time.

How has everyone and their buns been doing this week? :)

Mine are doing well, although I suspect Lion has an ear infection again. He was pretty off balance 2 days ago; nearly toppling over when he ran to get his pellets in the morning and wobbly when hopping around. I saw some wax in his ears and so we poured a little mineral oil into them to help get it out and it did clear his ears but his balance is still off. :(
Our old vet no longer sees rabbits and so we have found a new place that will take him Monday morning. I only hope it doesn't get worse while waiting, and that this new vet will be good.

So far there is no head tilt, but I do see his left ear tilted forward a lot. Part of me really wishes it is his old age + side effects from his last ear infection (he's had the tiniest wobble since it happened) but I'm suspecting an infection. Let's just hope it's nothing serious like e. cuniculi. I remember that was our biggest fear last time.
how did the vet go today?

Back
Top Bottom