The Butterfly Effect Hobby Farm

Thank you that's very kind @AmarathineAcres

I am just incredibly motivated. I can tell you that's a marked change in me. I was unfortunately a bit sedentary for a few years and it was impacting my health and I am trying to make a change in direction and have a more positive outlook on a great deal of things.

However I will not have a positive outlook on these darn voles. Anyone have any experience with them? A non poison method of dealing with them that was successful?

We have 3 indoor only cats, but we do have some neighbor's yard cats that visit, really hope they make a difference. I realize that most often people resort to poisons, but I am going to try to limit the use of any poison as best as I can.

Thanks for the offer of more cats :plbb

I have 3 indoor only cats too! But at the golf course that DH manages, there are 3 mousers and once they get done with the mice, the voles are next on their menu of desired treats :sick But that's ok and better than the occasional bird or baby rabbit they find.

I agree with you about poisons...I don't like having them anywhere near where farm animals might be.

I have 3 indoor only cats too! But at the golf course that DH manages, there are 3 mousers and once they get done with the mice, the voles are next on their menu of desired treats :sick But that's ok and better than the occasional bird or baby rabbit they find.

I agree with you about poisons...I don't like having them anywhere near where farm animals might be.

Agree!!! We don’t have any issues with our farm animals, but when people around here start using poisons on the mice, the owls quickly start dropping dead too. The only time I think it’s ok to poison is with the boxes that also trap the rodents in where they die so they aren’t accessible to other animals!

Thank you that's very kind @AmarathineAcres

I am just incredibly motivated. I can tell you that's a marked change in me. I was unfortunately a bit sedentary for a few years and it was impacting my health and I am trying to make a change in direction and have a more positive outlook on a great deal of things.

However I will not have a positive outlook on these darn voles. Anyone have any experience with them? A non poison method of dealing with them that was successful?

My Malamute was the best vole ‘manager’. She never ate them but shook them violently and leave them wherever they dropped.... I miss her (not just because of her obsession with voles....)

Well it's Friday and I am as excited as can be for the weekend. I am going to work my butt off again as I got an email from the Tree company and they will be out next week. It will be either Tuesday or Wednesday! Super pumped!:drool Can't wait to see this major transformation. Work is being kind enough with my whacky day off request. I told them that I had to take off a day, but I couldn't tell them exactly when it would be....:rolleyes:

So next weekend after helping a coworker move, I get to start my next project (and take a break from removing trees) which will be starting the raised beds. They will be 4'x16' going to start the first one and get the template going and once the SO approves I will be producing as many as I can over the next couple weekends.:celebrate

I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets done everything you want!:love

Well it's Friday and I am as excited as can be for the weekend. I am going to work my butt off again as I got an email from the Tree company and they will be out next week. It will be either Tuesday or Wednesday! Super pumped!:drool Can't wait to see this major transformation. Work is being kind enough with my whacky day off request. I told them that I had to take off a day, but I couldn't tell them exactly when it would be....:rolleyes:

So next weekend after helping a coworker move, I get to start my next project (and take a break from removing trees) which will be starting the raised beds. They will be 4'x16' going to start the first one and get the template going and once the SO approves I will be producing as many as I can over the next couple weekends.:celebrate

I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets done everything you want!:love

Hope you'll share pictures of the tree removal and raised beds with us!

Back
Top Bottom