1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

The Cat Thread!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by PrinceSandwich, Jun 3, 2010.

1. PrinceSandwich

PrinceSandwich Songster

Nov 11, 2009
    Alberta, Canada
    I thought I'd start a Cat tread, for people to post pictures and talk about their cats! I ( well really my sisters/family) have 3 barn cats, though we used to have around 20! Our females just kept having kittens! We sold almost all of those and just kept 3, that we got fixed. I wish I could have a indoor cat but my dad is allergic to them.
    Heres some pictures of ours!

This is Wilma
    [​IMG]

Skittles
    [​IMG]

And Po
    [​IMG]

Ok guys, take it away!

2. PrinceSandwich

PrinceSandwich Songster

Nov 11, 2009
    Alberta, Canada
    Nobody has any cats? come on, I don't believe that!

3. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Songster

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    We have 2 cats I don't have any photos but I'll try an get some. They're names are pal and zale. Both boys...
    Your cats are cute! My sisters female cat just had 5 kittens!

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
  5. PrinceSandwich

PrinceSandwich Songster

Nov 11, 2009
    Alberta, Canada
    Duramaxgirl- I would love to see your cats!

buff hooligans- your brother has some really cute cats there [​IMG]

6. Sunshine Chick 1

Sunshine Chick 1 In the Brooder

Mar 12, 2009
    Longwood, Florida
    We have two outside cats. I am sorry I don't know much about computers and so I can't post pictures. But they are both tiger looking with white. One male and one female. We have 12 goats and had to come up with names for them so we were out of names by the time we got the cats a year ago and so they ended up being called Mr. and Ms. Kitty. I know not very orginial. [​IMG] Ms. Kitty had three kittens and I was able to sell them off. So hubby said we could have kittens again. Well I have a question and Prince since you said you kept having kittens I thought you might know the answer. How soon after having kittens could she have them again? I just want to be able to keep an eye on her. This was our first time with kittens. Hubby has never liked cats so this is the first I have gotten the okay to have them. Thanks and sorry this got long. But I love my kitties as much as my other animals.

7. PrinceSandwich

PrinceSandwich Songster

Nov 11, 2009
    Alberta, Canada
    Quote:Mr. and Mrs. kitty sound adorable! I would think that as soon as the last batch is weaned (12-16 weeks), she could have another batch.

8. SallyF

SallyF Songster 9 Years

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    I have four cats, all of them rescued as kittens from feral moms. Dot and Ditto are 10 years old now and Ditto is struggling with FLUTD; just had surgery, is on a special diet and has decided that the entire world and everything in it is his litterbox. Cokie, a tuxedo kitty, is about 5 years old, and Mudpie, a tortie, is about 2. I have had up to six, all rescued kittens. If I didn't have a DH who kept saying "no D___ cats" I would probably have a dozen. Odd, because I was a definite dog person for most of my life and didn't even like cats, but that's changed!

9. chicknduck

chicknduck Songster

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    I have two that go indoor and outdoors. Bullwinkle male 3 years old (our dog is Rocky)
    and Tigris female 7 months old. They are both rescue cats got them when they were very young and they are so much fun.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  10. Crazyland

Crazyland Songster

Aug 14, 2009
    Sandhills NC
    Charlie is our little girl.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: