The Chook of my Dreams, please read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! That's great, I really hope you can get her! If you do, remember it can be pretty hard to introduce a new hen to a flock, it can be pretty vicious. Have you done this before? Chickens are very territorial and can be mean to new chickens. There is heaps of great advice on this forum about how to introduce a new girl. If it is hard, don't give up. After a couple of weeks, they settle down. It's just like being a new girl at school.

Best of luck - I really hope the owner lets you buy her! Congratulations!

I'm doing my happy dance now...
My mom listened to my reasons for wanting Opal, and she said there is plenty of room for her at our farm. I didn't even have to bring in my Dad... SHE SAID YES!!!!!!!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif

If Opal's owner is willing to give her to me, I can have her! I'm praying...
fl.gif
fl.gif

I have $30 in my piggy bank, I'll give Opal's owner all of it if I can get her!
woot.gif
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yesss.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

YAY MOM!!!!
bow.gif

Since I don't have school tomorrow because of the blizzard, I'll go over to Opal's owner's farm and ask-
fl.gif
fl.gif
Hope it works out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fl.gif
Hope it works out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me too!!

Wow! That's great, I really hope you can get her! If you do, remember it can be pretty hard to introduce a new hen to a flock, it can be pretty vicious. Have you done this before? Chickens are very territorial and can be mean to new chickens. There is heaps of great advice on this forum about how to introduce a new girl. If it is hard, don't give up. After a couple of weeks, they settle down. It's just like being a new girl at school.

Best of luck - I really hope the owner lets you buy her! Congratulations!

I have introduced a new member to the flock once or twice... but I checked out the forum, and there was a lot of really helpful advice! Thanks, me too!

hope you can get her... she is not a faverolle (I raise them) or at least a pure bred fav, but she is very pretty!

When my neighbor got Opal, he said she was a Faverolle, I just didn't realize she didn't have the characteristics of one. My family also has a Faverolle, a Salmon one named Frankenstein, Franky for short. I looked her over, and Opal looked nothing like her. I'm going to the farm in about an hour...
fl.gif

Last edited:
Guess who's on my lap right now... OPAL!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
woot.gif
yesss.gif
ya.gif

She's mine... she's actually really mine.
When I went over there, I told him about Opal and the danger of not keeping an eye out on his flock.
And it turns out... he was going to use Opal for MEAT!!! I hate him. I hate him. But at least I have Opal!
wee.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
woot.gif
yesss.gif

I gave him $10 for Opal
I'll give her a bath, and then do the introductions. I hope Omlette behaves...

That's fantastic news how could he kill her for meat post some pics when you can I am also home because of a snow day:D

That's fantastic news how could he kill her for meat post some pics when you can I am also home because of a snow day:D

Thanks and there is only one answer- he is an idiot. And I will, Opal isn't looking her best now, and I want her to get used to her home first.

Congratulations! How exciting! Do you know how old Opal is? I can't wait to see more pictures. On your lap? What a darling!
D.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom