The Cochin Shack (update 8:24 East Coast) PICTURES

Zahboo

Simply Stated
10 Years
Feb 3, 2009
Hope Mills, NC
It isn't finished yet. I am going to paint it white with green trim. It should be done by this weekend. I just started it yesterday and hope to have it finished Sunday. I hope to get my coop yard covered with Aviary netting, but don't know. I want to spend less than $50 on it. It's a little over 4'x3' and 54" high at the peak.
dogcoop001.jpg
dogcoop002.jpg
dogcoop004.jpg
dogcoop008.jpg
dogcoop009.jpg

Last edited:
Okay guys, don't laugh...
hmm.png
I know it looks bad. The building is an OLLLLLD dog house and we are in the middle of replacing the roof. We are using black shingles .

It'll look better once I get the paint on it. I have the paint, for main and trim, just have to have light. Hopefully it won't rain this weekend
roll.png
Mom should install shingles tomorrow. We have black vinyl stuff since we didn't see any tar paper for cheap. The vinyl was a CL find for free

I put lanoleum in mine as well just as a little added protection against moisture and any fluids that may be floating around inside the coop! I bought the cheapest tiles I could and for my 4 x 8 coop, I think I spent $14 on flooring.

Well, I love the weathered patina that older wood takes on. It looks pretty sturdy, and should do a fine job. I am a big fan of 'green' projects. Recycle, reuse, renew! Good job!

Back
Top Bottom