The cost of desserts - I am SHOCKED!

Quote:
hide.gif
on the purse - I will buy a good purse. Just treated myself to a Coach purse, but in my defense, it was 50% off. My mom said, what, you're not gonna wait until Christmas? I said, NOPE, it's 50% OFF!

Here you all go. Enjoy.

Decadent Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Ingredients
18 chocolate graham cracker squares, finely crushed (1 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
2 Tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Peanuts (optional)
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Combine crackers, melted butter, and 2 tablespoons sugar. Press into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 9-inch springform pan; set aside. In bowl beat 1 package cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in peanut butter and 1/4 cup sugar until combined. Fold in 1 lightly beaten egg; set aside.
2. In saucepan stir chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Cube remaining cream cheese; add to chocolate. Stir to combine. Stir in milk and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 2 lightly beaten eggs. Spread half the chocolate mixture into pan. Carefully spread all the peanut butter mixture over layer. Evenly spread remaining chocolate mixture.
3. Bake 45 minutes or until top is set when lightly shaken. Outer 2 inches of the top will be slightly puffed and dry-looking; center will look darker and wet. Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes. Use a small sharp knife to loosen crust from sides; cool completely on rack. Cover; chill 4 hours. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with peanuts. Makes 16 servings.

I'm pretty positive
would say that. I know I sure did.

(emphasis added)

I'm definitely positive that a lifestyle like that does not appeal to everyone.

Not quite related, but similar enough to remind me of lyrics from 'Capital 'G'':

Don't try to tell me how some power can corrupt a person
You haven't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry 'cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head because you know that I'm right, all right

I just hear it all the time where people assume that those who disagree have either no money or no power. There are people who have both who do disagree, and people who purposefully avoid both. And, there are people who will not pay 50 bucks for a chain cheesecake despite their income. They do exist.
wink.png

Anyone think Mrs Fields are a bit overpriced? My friend had once bough 18 cookies for some kids at a homeless shelter we volunteer at. They cost her like maybe $30. There's this bakery in my area that specializes in ice cream cookie sandwiches. There's various different kinds of cookies and various different ice cream flavor. You can mix and match the cookies of your choice with the ice cream of your choice. They are a really good size. It's only $1.50. And once I brought the kids at the homeless shelter 2 dozen cookies...It costs me only $9. Cheaper than even making my own cookies and I was able to choose a variety of different kinds too.

Back
Top Bottom