the cream gene

()relics :

Quote:
not 100% sure, would think the gene would still transfer? Correcting type would be no problem...Would preferr non blues so I dont have that gene to deal with in the project. Got any of the cream light browns you want to move?

....springtime and they would bclb over clb...half should show blue the other just cream, as I only use a blue rooster as a breeder...but the blue may be hidden and reappear down the line...again may take you the wrong way down the road but I like the dutch cream...​

be worth a shot, let me know once you have some, would be nice to try
Thanks

I don't know is this helps you out or not but; Cream is a Wheaten Based with Dark Brown, Gold Inhibitor added.

Old English Game bantams as Bred and Shown in the United States
00a9.png

33115_dsc_0012.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
Very interesting thread, just read it all the way through.
I'm gonna keep up with this one, so that I will know what to do to get this cream gene for myself whenever ya'll get it all figured out.
I'm not to good at the genetics thing, too many x genes and extented genes and such, can't remeber all of it, I do better at mix this color with that color to get my color. (Male sense?).
I really like all those dilute genes when I see them though.
Thanks for the information.

Quote:
yep Chris,
That helps
You have showed me one of these charts before, I think on bb red, where do you find them at? They are very helpful in breeding

There form the book "Old English Game bantams as Bred and Shown in the United States".
I have a copy's of the Black Breasted Red Family, Crow-Wing Family, and Wheaten Family charts in my sticky, there about half way down.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=343605

Also if it helps -

DILUTERS OF GOLD —

• ig -- cream recessive. Reported by Punnett (1948) Described as introducing a rich cream to gold or a pale silver to silver. Know nothing about this one.
• Di -- Dilute-- dominate Reported by Brumbaugh and Hollander Makes a red/gold bird into a buff. Another one that I haven't worked with.
• cb -- champagne blond -- recessive. Also reported by Brumbaugh and Hollander. Reported to do the same as above. I tend to support this for Buffs from some breeding/crossing that I have done with Buff Plymouth Rocks, that there is a recessive gene that dilutes gold to a warm buff.

Some authors -- Somes and Smyth (1965) report that buffs carry a suppressor of red.

This can also be found in the sticky about 3/4 the way down.

Chris

Quote:
Not a true color I dont believe. She does carry columbian looks like for sure, but mixed to other colors too. Maybe some of the others have opinions of "what"

Quote:
Not a true color I dont believe. She does carry columbian looks like for sure, but mixed to other colors too. Maybe some of the others have opinions of "what"

I agree that it dosent look like a real color, but it looks pretty close to Silver Wheaten to me, but she has some strong columbian hackle ticking as Aubrey said and she appears to obviously have some brahma in her so that would explain the Columbian genes. Nonetheless she is BEAUTIFUL and you can feel free to send her to me any time you like.

Thank you,

My creamy coloured girl has a Warren for a mum (RIR X Light Sussex) and a Brahma for a dad (Don't know which of my boys were the culprit...Gold, Dark, Blue Partridge, Splash)....so she is a pretty mutt---as big already as an adult Brahma hen. Her colouring just is s very unusual.

I'm sure I won't get the same colouring again if I try, but I'll hatch some of her eggs next Spring (when she eventually lays.....she's currently 27 weeks).

I love the wheaten/cream colours....such pretty birds.

Some of the pics. I am seeing on this thread are awesome!

Back
Top Bottom