The Diet Doth Confuseth Me! (Renal Diet Thread)

Pics
Blooie, I'm not much of a cook (I can do it but I don't enjoy it) but two things I cannot do without are my instapot and pure monkfruit sweetner. My husband is diabetic and I have gluten intolerance that has gotten worse with time. So no sugar or breads for us.
I know sugar is a no-no for renal disease. (At least, I think it is?)
Pure monk fruit sweetner (not the kind with stevia) is excellent and supposedly an antioxidant. I use Lakanto brand.

Blooie, I'm not much of a cook (I can do it but I don't enjoy it) but two things I cannot do without are my instapot and pure monkfruit sweetner. My husband is diabetic and I have gluten intolerance that has gotten worse with time. So no sugar or breads for us.
I know sugar is a no-no for renal disease. (At least, I think it is?)
Pure monk fruit sweetner (not the kind with stevia) is excellent and supposedly an antioxidant. I use Lakanto brand.
i’ve heard great things about monk fruit sweetners! thanks for sharing that brand....i’ve managed to switch my coffee to a liquid stevia sweetener, but would love to find a better sugar substitute for baking!

Are you able to us Himalayan Pink Salt? Some folks who can't use salt can use that.
I don't see how, it is 98% sodium chloride AKA "table salt". As Blooie said "salt is salt".

Grilled garter snake? I'd have to be very hungry!
Mary
Tastes like chicken!!
I wonder if snake actually does taste like chicken, I've never eaten it.

He's ok with the taste, he doesn't like the smell...
Get him a clothespin :D

Tastes like chicken!!
I wonder if snake actually does taste like chicken, I've never eaten it.

I've only eaten grilled rattlesnake, never nonpoisonous snake. It tasted ok but it takes a lot of snake to make a meal.
Groundhog, on the otherhand is wonderful cooked like a pot roast. I was once a hillbilly's bride. Lol.

I have nothing to add, but I'm still :pop or maybe I should say :caf since I can't eat popcorn! It's amazing how many of us share dietary issues! It's a good thing there are so many options available or we'd all starve. Imagine if our choices were hay and water, or ... nothing! Blooie, I was sorry to hear about your sister. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom