The Dilema...

tball

Chirping
8 Years
May 17, 2011
hemphill,tx
I have 10 packing peanuts that just reached 12 weeks....(8weeks to long) they are leghorns...
barnie.gif
I can definetly pick 4-5 GOTTA GO but i am thinking of keeping 1 , i only have 5 hens. I am taking out 3 tomorrow, and more a few days later, tring to figure out the best roo... i see a couple that dont seem to care about treats and when they free range he seems to hang closer to hens, other boys seem to just want to torcher girls. Does this mean the are caring or indifferent. He tries to get in front of them and throws one wing down and quivers...
hide.gif
is this what they do? Then while we are free ranging, he goes in and gets in hen dox and chirps...whats up with that..
idunno.gif

All roos a not the same some are nice others not so much
He tries to get in front of them and throws one wing down and quivers... is this what they do? Yes he is trying to impress the hens
Then while we are free ranging, he goes in and gets in hen box and chirps...whats up with that? My roo calls his ladies over to the nest boxes and talks to them I think he is telling them that this would be a good place to lay

If you've got some leghorn hens, you should keep them - they're excellent layers, and nice hens. I love mine. And they don't go broody hardly ever, just keep making nice white eggs.

accually my hens are production reds, any problem there? My DH said he heard fertalized eggs taste better, i was not going to have a roo, i dont know..... I thought it might be good , because i only let them out while i am cleaning ,( i do this every day) and i am back and fourth. S o maybe a vigilant capain would be good , but i want one that is a gentelman!

Back
Top Bottom