The Duck Thread

Some pet owners make me so mad!  And they are pets - there is no excuse for not taking care of any animal - farm animals or otherwise.  Do you know these neighbors at all?  Have you seen their coops?

The 'coop' is a small barn that they keep all kinds of chickens, turkeys, and ducks in. Also some goats, a cow, and horses too. All jammed in there. Also possibly pigs right now. It's not a big barn. I don't think they have enough money to care for all their animals because none of them have a job.

Last edited:
The 'coop' is a small barn that they keep all kinds of chickens, turkeys, and ducks in. Also some goats, a cow, and horses too. All jammed in there. Also possibly pigs right now. It's not a big barn. I don't think they have enough money to care for all their animals because none of them have a job.
So sad. It's hard to imagine someone with money being able to care for all their animals! It's expensive to feed a horse and a cow. I would have a hard time paying for it, and we live quite comfortably. Well, my husband would have a hard time paying for it - he can't complain about the duck food now, though, because I am selling their extra eggs, and it pay for their food, bedding and treats! Ha!

So sad. It's hard to imagine someone with money being able to care for all their animals! It's expensive to feed a horse and a cow. I would have a hard time paying for it, and we live quite comfortably. Well, my husband would have a hard time paying for it - he can't complain about the duck food now, though, because I am selling their extra eggs, and it pay for their food, bedding and treats! Ha!
That's great you can sell your ducks eggs, I can't even get anyone to try duck eggs around here..

That's great you can sell your ducks eggs, I can't even get anyone to try duck eggs around here..

Where do u live Miss Lydia? Have u tried putting an ad out on Craigslist or ur local paper? Gotta reach country folk! Lol! I know people who swear duck eggs r way better than chicken eggs! I just about have enuf now to make breakfast for my family with mine! My kids r super excited to try em!

I have a 2 pound chihuahua so I feel your pain there. I cannot take my eyes off of her for one second outside. The owls really worry me too. just before dark you can hear them all around. Once in the middle of the night they woke me up, had to be 15 of them in my yard within a few feet of my bedroom window. I love owls but I don't love them so close to my critters.

Yay!!! I set 33 duck eggs yesterday in the incubator I hope I get a good bunch of quackers out of them maybe if half atleast hatch ill be ok im pretty sure they are mallard and khaki campbell since I dont have any over sized ones but I have a mix of pekin khaki and mallards so whatever comes out ill be ecstatic its my first hatch in my new incubator and my new journey as a stay at home bird raiser wish me luck y'all imma need it

We live in the woods & have tons of predators. Red tailed hawks, owls, eagles, fox, coyote, bear, porcupine ect. I love hearing the owls but DO NOT like it when the screech owl sits outside my bedroom window and scream at 1am!

Where do u live Miss Lydia? Have u tried putting an ad out on Craigslist or ur local paper? Gotta reach country folk! Lol! I know people who swear duck eggs r way better than chicken eggs! I just about have enuf now to make breakfast for my family with mine! My kids r super excited to try em!

I can't sell them either, I can't even give them away. I've tried to give them to ppl to try and they dont wanna!

I can't sell them either, I can't even give them away. I've tried to give them to ppl to try and they dont wanna!
It's funny isn't it some kind of fear their going to open the egg and a duckling is going to pop out
lol.png
Guess most don't see it that way if we give them chicken eggs.

Back
Top Bottom