The Duck Thread

What breed of duck is this? I'm assuming she's female by the way she looks. I'm just curious about her breed
In my opinion, your best bet is that it is a Khaki Campbell drake. In a few weeks he will look something like this I believe.

@Lamaremybabies , I've never heard of a American Brown duck, is it a domestic breed?

@AxolotlLove , I believe the correct name would be Chocolate Orpington, because "Buff Ducks" are actually Buff Orpington ducks.

Hey! I've been looking on Instagram for some duck lovers and haven't found very many, are any of you on Instagram?
hu.gif
nope, not be.

What breed of duck is this? I'm assuming she's female by the way she looks. I'm just curious about her breed
KC, maybe? My KC duckling is dark brown. Here's a picture of her:
In my opinion, your best bet is that it is a Khaki Campbell drake. In a few weeks he will look something like this I believe.

@Lamaremybabies , I've never heard of a American Brown duck, is it a domestic breed?

@AxolotlLove , I believe the correct name would be Chocolate Orpington, because "Buff Ducks" are actually Buff Orpington ducks.
KC x3 how old is she? I'm afraid drake x2

Last edited:
In my opinion, your best bet is that it is a Khaki Campbell drake. In a few weeks he will look something like this I believe. @Lamaremybabies , I've never heard of a American Brown duck, is it a domestic breed? @AxolotlLove , I believe the correct name would be Chocolate Orpington, because "Buff Ducks" are actually Buff Orpington ducks.
No. And it's also only indigenous to the east coast of the US.

Awesome!!!

Getting new pets is always so exciting! What kind are you getting? You are posting pictures when you get them, right? 

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYAY!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! I feel you!!! FIRST PETS IN YEARS, WOW! I'm happy for you! Now my nosy nose would like to ask
Names?
Breeds?
Genders?
Post pics!

Im getting all females-two cayugas, two pekins, and two blue Swedish. I wanted WH but they weren't available ship at the same time. I told my DH that I'm not naming them because I can tend to get a little over attached and not take loss well, but I can't help myself :) I'll name them after I meet them, but I like the idea of all having flower/plant names.

And you better believe that I'll be posting pics!

Im getting all females-two cayugas, two pekins, and two blue Swedish. I wanted WH but they weren't available ship at the same time. I told my DH that I'm not naming them because I can tend to get a little over attached and not take loss well, but I can't help myself :) I'll name them after I meet them, but I like the idea of all having flower/plant names.

And you better believe that I'll be posting pics!

My goslings from Metzer should also be hatching about now :) We have the same ship week! I guess we can fret about them together until they arrive :p

Back
Top Bottom